ALL >> Health >> View Article
Do You Have A Good Reason To Undergo Knee Replacement Surgery?
Unless you are being advised by the very best orthopaedic surgeon, there is a probability that you will end up under the scalpel without any real reason for it!
Yes, it may sound unnerving but it was reported that many patients undergo Knee replacement surgery In India even when medication and exercises could have cured the condition quite well. Some patients apparently want the procedure despite their doctors suggesting them less intrusive solutions like preventive therapy and medicines. Just because you can afford to pay for the process you shouldn’t just take it. There is a reason why there are other alternatives in place. Here are some reasons that will perhaps make it easier for you to understand why surgery isn’t a one-time pill that you gulp and forget.
The Other Side of Knee Replacement Surgery
Like everything that has a good side does have a bad side to it, knee replacement surgery has its own too. Knee replacement surgery cost in India is lower than most countries, but there is a cost. So, besides getting poorer by a couple of lakhs, you will also see several complications that can cope up during or after the surgery.
You are Never Completely Cured
Knee replacement surgery becomes necessary because you have a condition in your bones that make them wear out fast. The surgery will help you with your knee but it isn’t a wholesome cure for your bones. So if you act out of a mistaken sense of confidence you may fall and break another bone, and you wouldn’t want multiple surgeries when you could have done with none, unless of course it was very necessary and your doctor suggested it.
Stiffness and Lasting Pain
Even after surgery many patients continue to complain of pain and stiffness. Some go away with time, in other cases; one kind of pain reduces only to give way to a new type of pain! Doctors even have a name for it – ‘pain syndrome’. In the majority of cases, the pain will completely go away with physiotherapy but that was the case all along. The pain or stiffness in your knees will never go away entirely, be prepared for it.
Although the chances of complications creeping in are very rare, they do exist. Nerves get pinched and arteries get blocked during the process. Blood clots & mild infections are part of the process too.
So, that calls for the summary now that we are at the end of it. Sure, Knee replacement surgery is very reliable and is one of the oft undertaken procedures, but it isn’t always necessary. A patient with a painful knee can recover with the help of exercises and medicines as well. Talk to your orthopaedic and don’t think of operations until you have a very good reason for it.
Being able to pay Knee replacement surgery cost in India is one thing but undergoing surgery is another. Do you have a strong reason for it? Please read to find more about it.
Health Articles1. How To Use An Online Pharmacy In The Uk Diazepam?
2. How Does Tramadol Help With Anxiety? How To Order Tramadol Online?
Author: Genrxonline CA
3. Organic Black Seed Oil A Natural Remedy For Insomnia
4. What If I Don’t Believe Vasthu
5. Survival Tips For New Gym Goers
Author: Rite Bite
6. Proven And Approved Hair Loss Treatment Options
Author: Pioneer Hair Transplant Center
7. Let Your Skin Tell The Story Of Your Happy Pregnancy – Here Are A Few Skin-care Routines You Can Try
Author: Prapti Chauhan
8. Document Shredding Services Assist To Safeguard Confidential Information
Author: Herb Scott
9. Chronic Headaches Treatment – Find It While Going For The Top Chiropractor!
Author: Robert Augustine
10. What Is So Beneficial About Organic Oregano Oil?
11. 6 Most Frequently Asked Questions On Teeth Whitening
Author: Claudia Lamington
12. How To Manage Stress With Life Coach – Ritu Singal
Author: Ritu Singal
13. How Is Surging Geriatric Population Driving Telemedicine Market?
Author: Pramod Kumar
14. Know The Use Of Disinfectant / Sanitization Tunnels On People
Author: Rohit Jamb
15. Know Some Common Causes Fire And Explosion Accidents