ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Kids Sharing A Bedroom - How To Decorate Effectively
Total Articles: 21
If you simply do not have an extra room and two children sharing bedroom is the only option available to you, you will find there are different ways you can decorate their room to make the space they must share together not only tolerable, but a place they will enjoy.
First of all, when it comes to siblings sharing bedroom, there are basically two ways in which you can go about decorating their room:
1. Decorate their room in one theme that they can both agree on and will enjoy.
2. Decorate their room in two separate themes to keep them both happy and feeling like they have a space in their shared bedroom they can call their own.
Decorating a room with a single theme
If the siblings sharing bedroom agree on the same theme, or don’t mind having matching bedding, you will find that there are two excellent ways you can set up their room. You can either choose to purchase them a bunk bed, or two twin beds. Once you have the beds, you can select matching bedding.
When it comes to the siblings sharing bedroom walls, you can choose to wallpaper them in the theme your children have chosen, or you can paint the walls a solid colour shade that is in their bedding, and add a wallpaper border to add more personality to the walls.
When it comes to furniture for a single siblings sharing bedroom theme, matching furniture is always a great idea. You can even invest in fun furniture that they can both share and enjoy such as a table and chair set, an entertainment center, bean bag chairs and so on.
Ashley Bed Factory stock great themed kids beds and kids cabin beds with storage that will add to the whole decor of the room.
Decorating a room with two themes
If your children have two separate tastes and are not wild about being apart of the whole siblings sharing bedroom idea, you can at least try to make it tolerable for them by appealing to their personal interests as much as possible. How can you do this? Well, the best way to do it is to literally split the room in half.
Paint one whole half of the room a solid colour your child likes, and the other half a different colour your other child likes. Purchase two twin trundle beds. This will allow them their own space and will also provide some extra individual storage space to put their personal stuff. As for bedding, you can have you kids pick the sets they like best.
You can mix and match furniture, and when it comes to storage furniture, label items with names so there is no confusion as to who owns what.
Finally, other great accessories you may want to include in a siblings sharing bedroom are:
* Window treatments
* Throw pillows and throw blankets
* Area rug(s)
* Wall hooks
* Wall art
* Toy box bench
* Waste bin
There are many ways you can keep your kids satisfied and content to share a room. Be creative when it comes to decorating and putting together kids sharing bedroom themes.
Home and Garden Articles1. So Clean That It Sparkles!
Author: David Smith
2. Why It Is Necessary To Avail Upholstery Cleaning
Author: Jamie Fison
3. What Are The Benefits Of Building Regulation
Author: Garry Stacks
4. Different Roofing Styles Available In Port Lincoln
Author: Michael Gilmore
5. How To Decorate Modern Homes
Author: Taurus Inspro
6. Why You Should Select The Most Suitable Fence For Your House
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
7. What Are The Most Important Things Needed To Be Known About Roofing?
Author: Rick Lopez
8. Tips On Becoming A Successful Development Management Personality
Author: Adam Leworthy
9. Know How To Avail The Services Of A Carpet Cleaning Company
Author: Archer Greville
10. Reasons To Appoint A Building Inspector And Necessary Qualification Required
Author: Callum Soul
11. 3 Different Types Of Tile Wedges That Are Used To Set Tiles On The Floor
Author: Hayden Ryrie
12. How To Choose The Right Wood Splitter For You
Author: Michael Foley
13. Choose The Perfect Bedroom Wardrobe In Just Easy 4 Step.
Author: Regalo Kitchen
14. How To Create Cozy Bedrooms With Stools And Benches From Worlds Away
Author: Robert Berry
15. What Are The Important Options Regarding The Waterproofing Basement Walls?
Author: Rick Lopez