ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Get Ready For The Honda Civic Type-r Coming In 2016
It has been recently confirmed that Honda will launch the new Civic Type-R at the Geneva Motor Show in March. This is very exciting for gearheads that have been following its progress (and Honda’s boasting) over the last two years. However, before we get into the meat of what is going to be on offer in this new hot hatch it’s a good idea to mention car insurance. Perth motorists had better make sure that they have the best insurance that they can get. This is because the Civic Type-R is going to be a pocket rocket!
The first thing to realise is that Honda is stating that the Civic Type-R will be capable of 270km/h. This will make it the fastest hot hatch available outpacing even the VW Golf R. The secret behind this amazing speed is a turbocharged 2.0 liter VTEC variable valve timed power plant. This engine is brand new and the actual power output has not yet been formally confirmed. However, industry insiders have speculated that the figure will be over 220kW. This would make it’s acceleration very quick indeed and possibly the fastest in its class, but again this has not been officially confirmed.
However, all that power is next to useless if it is not harnessed or controlled correctly. Honda have created an aerodynamics package to increase stability at high speeds. This level of engineering is normally only seen in expensive sports cars. So the Honda Civic Type-R should offer the sports car driving experience without the hefty car insurance. Perth gearheads should note that underneath the car is virtually flat, there is a rear diffuser to create downforce. There are also front splitters and skirts to cut down on drag and turbulence. This has all been tested in wind tunnels to ensure that high-speed stability is maximised. This is the reason why Honda has been able to boast that the Civic Type-R will be the fastest front wheel drive car in production to lap the Nurburgring. In layman's terms, this means that they expect to beat the 7:54.36 lap time set by the Renault Megane Trophy R.
Another huge engineering task faced when designing these kinds of performance vehicles is how to make them stop! The Honda Civic Type-R has a set of drilled 350mm Brembos with four-piston callipers. These are hidden behind the 19” alloy wheels. All the braking at high speeds will require cooling and this is provided by a set of carved vents and grilles. These are located in the front wheel arches and on the front bumper. This will allow any heat to be dissipated quickly during braking.
When seeking car insurance, Perth motorists may be interested to learn that Honda can offer very competitive rates. If you would like to know more about the Honda Civic Type-R or Honda’s cheap car insurance, contact us. We will be happy to answer any questions or queries that you may have. We can also arrange a test drive for you when the car becomes available in 2016.
Automobiles Articles1. Some Popular Causes And Methods Of Overspray Removal
2. How To Deal With A Broken Car Windscreen?
Author: Sam Lampasona
3. Covid-19 And Car Buying: The Near Future Of Car Buying Amidst Coronavirus
Author: Kaitlin Miller
4. Things To Know About Piston, Piston Rings And Connecting Rods.
5. Here Is Why One Must Hire A Professional Company For Car Disinfection Treatment.
6. Facts You Never Knew About Driving Instructors
Author: Nicholas Manchee
7. What Makes Harley Davidson The Ultimate Cruiser Machine
Author: Levi Fysh
8. How To Replace A Faulty Clock Spring With A New One
Author: Hamish Crotty
9. Difference Between An Authorized Car Repair Shop And A Local One
Author: Oliver Mertin
10. Led Daytime Running Lights For Cars: For More On-road Visibility
Author: Aoonu auto
11. How Hiring A Ute Helps To Make It Easy To Move Of Your Expensive Electronic Items?
Author: Sarah James
12. Have The Auto Glass Repair San Jose And Auto Glass Replacement San Jose Fix Your Window Issues
13. Buy Led Fog Lights From Diode Dynamics
Author: Tara Bloch
14. Novelty Motorcycle Helmets Bring Great Level Of Protection!
Author: Ricardo Rios
15. Reasons To Buy The New Ford Everest!
Author: Houtan Zamani