ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Tip For Planning Your Glasshouse
Total Articles: 76
If you are ready to plan your first greenhouse, or have been shopping the greenhouses NZ listings because you are ready to expand on your growing area – these are some things to consider. Greenhouses in New Zealand have to contend with many things that others don't. The weather and duration of sun exposure is the main issue to overcome, but there are other smaller ones that need to be taken into account to make sure your plants grow and thrive.
What type of sun do your plants need?
The first thing you have to consider is what types of plants are going into your greenhouse. There are greenhouses NZ plant listings that will help you identify the ones that have the most success in this climate. The purpose of a greenhouse is to allow you to go beyond the normal standards of success. With careful planning, you can get any plant to grow and thrive. Make a list of the plants you desire, and then write down the sun and heat requirements they need. This will help you select the glass options in your greenhouse.
Glass options beyond the standard pane
All greenhouse glass must meet the AS/NZS2208 standards for safety. Specialty glass is available that meets this standard and then provides for different exposure control levels. Trulux makes 3 different kinds of professional glass in addition to the normal greenhouses NZ glass types. Their pro glass lets you accommodate plants that thrive on direct sun, need more heat to grow than indigenous plants, and can help diffuse sun and heat for sun sensitive plants too.
One thing you have to keep in mind is the importance of airflow. While there are some very affordable growhouses online, most of them are designed without airflow. Airflow is incorporated into the greenhouses NZ designs offered by Trulux. They have an easy open, easy close skylight design in most models that will continue to maximize and control exposure, while also allowing for adequate air.
Making sure to protect the interior climate
A greenhouse has to be sealed to protect the stability of the interior climate. The best seals are a lock seal that covers ever panel intersection. Not only does this keep your climate stable inside, but it also prevents outside elements and insects from gaining access to your greenhouse.
Protecting the exterior is important too
The last consideration for your greenhouse is how well the exterior is protected. The greenhouses NZ standard provides for safety glass that can withstand the elements and weather of New Zealand. You also want to make sure that the exterior has guttering built in to make sure that the structure itself is protected from added weight and force. Gutters can help prevent pooling that can affect the interior climate range. A well designed greenhouse is your key to success in keeping plants happy and healthy. Trulux offers kits in all sizes and designs, and they will even custom design a greenhouse to meet your needs.
Home and Garden Articles1. So Clean That It Sparkles!
Author: David Smith
2. Why It Is Necessary To Avail Upholstery Cleaning
Author: Jamie Fison
3. What Are The Benefits Of Building Regulation
Author: Garry Stacks
4. Different Roofing Styles Available In Port Lincoln
Author: Michael Gilmore
5. How To Decorate Modern Homes
Author: Taurus Inspro
6. Why You Should Select The Most Suitable Fence For Your House
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
7. What Are The Most Important Things Needed To Be Known About Roofing?
Author: Rick Lopez
8. Tips On Becoming A Successful Development Management Personality
Author: Adam Leworthy
9. Know How To Avail The Services Of A Carpet Cleaning Company
Author: Archer Greville
10. Reasons To Appoint A Building Inspector And Necessary Qualification Required
Author: Callum Soul
11. 3 Different Types Of Tile Wedges That Are Used To Set Tiles On The Floor
Author: Hayden Ryrie
12. How To Choose The Right Wood Splitter For You
Author: Michael Foley
13. Choose The Perfect Bedroom Wardrobe In Just Easy 4 Step.
Author: Regalo Kitchen
14. How To Create Cozy Bedrooms With Stools And Benches From Worlds Away
Author: Robert Berry
15. What Are The Important Options Regarding The Waterproofing Basement Walls?
Author: Rick Lopez