ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Heating Oil Boilers – Looking After Your Oil In Adverse Weather Conditions
Total Articles: 2
This time last year, both Ireland and England were plagued with seriously adverse weather conditions; with part of South West UK disappearing under water in scenes of dramatic flooding. Of course, what causes these ‘freak’ floods, severe rains and sudden snow storms is still a matter of debate; with many people pointing the finger firmly at climate change.
Whatever the cause may be, it’s undoubtable that extremes in weather can play havoc with your oil heating system. It’s a shame, when home heating oil prices are so low, to lose valuable fuel due to bad weather; so it’s important to take precautions wherever possible.
Making the most of the oil prices NI, and looking after your supply
Many people make the mistake of believing, once winter is over, that they don’t need to worry about water or weather damage to their heating systems. Whilst it’s true that you’re unlikely to be plagued by frost in your pipes for the next ten months or so, the same cannot be said for water.
A major problem is water in your tank, which can be hazardous. In times of increased rainfall or flooding, it’s far more likely that you’ll experience this problem. A common problem is water entering the oil line through an exposed site gauge or a bevelled tank top where water has “ponded” beside a fill point. It’s especially common in winter or periods of heavy rain for these things to happen.
Why water in your heating system is a big problem
Frozen water is an obvious problem, as it can quite literally block the pipes, causing your system to stop functioning. However, water in your heating oil supply is also a significant problem, as it can have an adverse effect on the performance of your heating system.
This is especially frustrating if you’re currently enjoying the reduced home heating oil prices; as you’re effectively not making the most of your significant savings.
How to stop the weather affecting your heating
By far and away the most effective way to prevent water or frost damaging your system is to get it regularly serviced & checked by a team of professionals. It’s essential to have your tank regularly checked over; as even small gaps and broken seals can allow water to leak into the system; which at best, may reduce efficiency, and at worst, may prove to be dangerous, or break your heating system.
A professional service will ensure that there are no ‘weak points’ in the system where water can enter. It will also guarantee that your system is running on optimum efficiency, and that you’re getting the best possible value from the lower oil prices, NI.
Get your heating system serviced ASAP
If you’d like the reassurance of a professional service for your heating system, then simply get in contact with ValueOils today. To speak to a member of the team, simply call 0905 88 90 100.
For more information : cheapest heating oil , home heating oil, Oil Prices
Home and Garden Articles1. So Clean That It Sparkles!
Author: David Smith
2. Why It Is Necessary To Avail Upholstery Cleaning
Author: Jamie Fison
3. What Are The Benefits Of Building Regulation
Author: Garry Stacks
4. Different Roofing Styles Available In Port Lincoln
Author: Michael Gilmore
5. How To Decorate Modern Homes
Author: Taurus Inspro
6. Why You Should Select The Most Suitable Fence For Your House
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
7. What Are The Most Important Things Needed To Be Known About Roofing?
Author: Rick Lopez
8. Tips On Becoming A Successful Development Management Personality
Author: Adam Leworthy
9. Know How To Avail The Services Of A Carpet Cleaning Company
Author: Archer Greville
10. Reasons To Appoint A Building Inspector And Necessary Qualification Required
Author: Callum Soul
11. 3 Different Types Of Tile Wedges That Are Used To Set Tiles On The Floor
Author: Hayden Ryrie
12. How To Choose The Right Wood Splitter For You
Author: Michael Foley
13. Choose The Perfect Bedroom Wardrobe In Just Easy 4 Step.
Author: Regalo Kitchen
14. How To Create Cozy Bedrooms With Stools And Benches From Worlds Away
Author: Robert Berry
15. What Are The Important Options Regarding The Waterproofing Basement Walls?
Author: Rick Lopez