ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Heating Oil Boilers – Looking After Your Oil In Adverse Weather Conditions
This time last year, both Ireland and England were plagued with seriously adverse weather conditions; with part of South West UK disappearing under water in scenes of dramatic flooding. Of course, what causes these ‘freak’ floods, severe rains and sudden snow storms is still a matter of debate; with many people pointing the finger firmly at climate change.
Whatever the cause may be, it’s undoubtable that extremes in weather can play havoc with your oil heating system. It’s a shame, when home heating oil prices are so low, to lose valuable fuel due to bad weather; so it’s important to take precautions wherever possible.
Making the most of the oil prices NI, and looking after your supply
Many people make the mistake of believing, once winter is over, that they don’t need to worry about water or weather damage to their heating systems. Whilst it’s true that you’re unlikely to be plagued by frost in your pipes for the next ten months or so, the same cannot be said for water.
A major problem is water in your tank, which can be hazardous. In times of increased rainfall or flooding, it’s far more likely that you’ll experience this problem. A common problem is water entering the oil line through an exposed site gauge or a bevelled tank top where water has “ponded” beside a fill point. It’s especially common in winter or periods of heavy rain for these things to happen.
Why water in your heating system is a big problem
Frozen water is an obvious problem, as it can quite literally block the pipes, causing your system to stop functioning. However, water in your heating oil supply is also a significant problem, as it can have an adverse effect on the performance of your heating system.
This is especially frustrating if you’re currently enjoying the reduced home heating oil prices; as you’re effectively not making the most of your significant savings.
How to stop the weather affecting your heating
By far and away the most effective way to prevent water or frost damaging your system is to get it regularly serviced & checked by a team of professionals. It’s essential to have your tank regularly checked over; as even small gaps and broken seals can allow water to leak into the system; which at best, may reduce efficiency, and at worst, may prove to be dangerous, or break your heating system.
A professional service will ensure that there are no ‘weak points’ in the system where water can enter. It will also guarantee that your system is running on optimum efficiency, and that you’re getting the best possible value from the lower oil prices, NI.
Get your heating system serviced ASAP
If you’d like the reassurance of a professional service for your heating system, then simply get in contact with ValueOils today. To speak to a member of the team, simply call 0905 88 90 100.
For more information : cheapest heating oil , home heating oil, Oil Prices
Home and Garden Articles1. What Should You Opt For Restoration Or A Repair For Water Damage?
Author: Kathleen Daboush
2. Thing To Keep In Mind Before Installing Modular Kitchen
Author: Kitchen Crafts
3. What You Need To Do Before Getting A New Pool In Bonita Springs, Fl
Author: Contemporary Pools
4. How To Choose The Best Air Conditioner Calgary With Installation Service
Author: Air Conditioner Calgary
5. The Benefits Of Bag Repair - Why Should I Consider Investing In Refurbishing Old Bags
Author: Akash Sharma
6. Landscaping Mistakes You Should Avoid
Author: Nathan Boutros
7. Key Benefits Of Using Customised Window Treatments
Author: Stewart Graham
8. Commercial Architecture Design-best Building Designs For Businesses
Author: Taurus Inspro
9. Modular Kitchen Design Ideas To Transform Simple Place Into Gorgeous One
Author: Mohit Mehra
10. Hire A Proposal Planner Today
Author: Adam Leworthy
11. Everything That You Need To Know Of Planation Shutters In Adelaide
Author: Lincoln Gawler
12. All You Need To Know Of Mould Removal For A Healthier Living
Author: Elvin Dao
13. Difference And Similarities Between A Garage And A Carport
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
14. Why Ceiling Painting Brush Is Important For Home Improvement Set Up?
Author: Tom Crise
15. 6 Benefits Of Structural Steel
Author: Michael Gilmore