ALL >> Beauty >> View Article
Best Ways To Prevent The Toenail Fungus
It is quite important to keep your feet clean and keep them fresh. We understand that preventing toenail fungus might not be one your list of priority things to do, it is essentially important to take care of toenail fungus.
Fungi are present everywhere in our surroundings and they particularly occupy warm, dark and moist or damp locations. Staying inside your shoes or any types of footwear is one of the most common causes of a toenail fungus.
Toenail funguses are primarily caused by microscopic organisms that feed on the protein of nails and hair. Not all footwear will suit your feet. The wrong type of footwear can also lead to such conditions that favour the growth of fungus. For instance, the wrongly fitting shoes can make your nails hurt them badly and weaken them, thus making them more prone to all the types of infections.
During the primary stage, after the nail has been infected by the fungus, the nails will become discoloured, brittle and thick. These thickened nails start becoming a pain as they exert pressure on the underlying nail bed. Therefore, there are chances of developing an ulcer as the age of the person increases. It is vital to note that the treatment must begin at the initial stage such that the infection does not reach the nail.
Here are some of the easy to perform activities and habits that help prevention of toenail fungus:
• Know the right method to clip your toenails
It is recommended that you cut your toenails with well sanitised clippers and scissors, and you can also think of filing any sharp edges that might be a bit tricky.
• Wear only the right fitted shoes and footwear
Wrongly fitting shoes tend to damage your nails in a very adversely manner. The ideal type of shoes is one that does not touch your toenails.
• Make sure that your footwear breaths
The more air that is able to circulate around your feet, the better. Materials like leather or canvas are best materials that stay away from fungus development.
• Keep an alternate pair of shoes
If you wear the same shoes today that you had worn yesterday to the workout or the gym, there are full chances that you are increasing the probability of getting a toenail fungus. Hence, it is advisable to keep alternating your pair of shoes from time to time.
• Do not walk barefoot in public areas
Public swimming pools, locker rooms, showers etc are most prone to the spread of fungal infections and you should never walk barefoot in such areas.
• Disinfection is important
Get some of the anti bacterial sprays available in the market and spray your shoes with them. Wash your socks in warm water such that all the fungi are killed.
• Sprinkle your shoes and feet with antifungal powder
Every night before sleeping, wash your feet and sprinkle anti fungal powder on it.
Some of the most common yet effective methods of a fungal nail cure are to take care of your nails and prevent them from getting injured, and avoid sharing of your nail clippers or nail filers with others.
For the ultimate toenail fungus treatment, contact the foot and nail specialists at Harley Medical Foot and Nail Laser Clinic. They have years of experience in dealing with the issues related to toenail fungus.
Beauty Articles1. Try Out These Flawless And Trendy Hairstyles Using Extensions
Author: Louise Bailey
2. Is Tummy Tuck Or Abdominoplasty Is Safe ?
Author: Abhinav Singh
3. 4 Best Medicine For Itching
4. Mehendi Tips For Bride To Be Wedding Series
Author: Amit Negi
5. Fastest Way To Get Stylish Hair Look
6. How To Choose Hair Treatment
Author: Meera Pandey
7. Deodorant Halal Or Haram?
8. Neck Firming Cream - To Firm And Tighten Your Neck Skin
Author: Emily Blunt
9. Nourish Your Body And Mind By Spa And Salon Service
10. Tape-in Hair Extension – Why They’re So Trendy Now
11. Six Reasons Why Switch To Organic Skincare Products
12. 7 Skin Care Tips To Own A Glowing Skin
Author: Thelma Okoro
13. How To Choose A Perfect Hairstyle
14. Want Eyelash Extensions For Your Eyes With Perfection?
Author: Sara Beauty
15. What Are The Modern Solutions For Skin Care
Author: Ali Haghnegahdar