ALL >> Family >> View Article
Choosing Cemetery Gravestone For Your Parents
Total Articles: 42
The grief of death of a parent may last long. It is often hard to get over the emotional chaos that death of a parent brings to people. It is tough to carry along life without them. However, you need to be strong and move forward in your life, and say the last goodbye to your parent by arranging a proper funeral. You may have to arrange many things for the funeral, but gravestone is one of the most important parts of the funeral that you must choose wisely.
Need for choosing cemetery gravestone
Some people might not consider gravestone choice as important, but it is extremely significant. A gravestone is the identity of a parson after he/she departs. This is a sign that how much people around that person admired him/her. Parents are an important part of your life. They have not only given birth to you, but they made you capable of doing things and living your life. For their honor after they depart, it is your duty to present them with good gravestones. This way, you can bid farewell to them in a great way. The gravestones also depict how much you love your parents. Choosing a gravestone wisely can be considered as a mark of respect for your parent.
Gravestones are made of varying materials. You can find gravestones made of bronze, granite, limestone, marble, fieldstone, slate, soapstone, and many more. The choice of material depends on your taste and liking. Most of the times, people prefer bronze and granite gravestones. The reason for choosing these gravestones is that they have attractive looks and high durability. These two materials can withstand weather changes as well. Therefore, they last even longer than others do. It must be noted that certain memorial parks or cemeteries only let you use gravestones made of these materials.
Types of gravestones
There are many types of gravestones, but three most commonly used are headstones, flat tablet, and desk tablet.
• Headstones: These are probably the most common type of gravestones. They are positioned upright. Usually, these are tall, thick, and have a rounded concrete base. The usual dimensions of these gravestones are 3 feet high, 2.5 feet wide and 1 foot deep. Granite is commonly used in making these stones.
• Flat Tablet: These gravestones are flat, rectangular plates. They either are flushed with the ground or raise a little up to allow water runoff. People use these gravestones because they are cheaper in comparison to headstones.
• Desk tablet: These are thick, tough, and short gravestones. They resemble headstones in miniature form. They are made of granite, and fixed with cement at the foundation.
If you are choosing a granite or bronze gravestone, you may not require any finishing, but in case you choose a different material, you have to choose a finish as well. The reason for choosing a finishing is that other materials require some protection from harsh natural conditions. They have to be coated with some other materials to provide stability and resistance against the weather conditions.
Choose oldest cemetery in California – Old Mission Cemetery at Oceanside as final resting place. Visit http://www.sanluisrey.org/cemetery/ or call (760)231-8445, ext. 133 and arrange a meeting with funeral director.
Family Articles1. Choose The Perfect And An Experienced Law Firm To Handle Your Probate Law Case.
Author: Joshua Logan
2. What Are Various Packing Methods?
Author: marisn mackle
3. 10 Best Insect Repellent For Kids | Non-toxic Mosquito Repellent For 2019
4. Gardening Benefits For Spring
Author: Steven Czyrny
5. How To Choose A Wireless Outdoor Camera
Author: manasi walavalkar
6. Everything You Should Know About Simple Cremation
Author: TJ Cohen
7. Shohar Ko Rahe Rastey Par Laney Ka Wazifa In Hindi
Author: Aslam Miya
8. Breakfast Recipe For Kids | 10 Yummy And Healthy Indian Breakfast Recipes
9. 10 Secrets To Helping Children With Primary Math At Home | Wonder Parenting
Author: Wonder Parenting
10. A Complete Pregnancy Guide Expectant Women Need To Follow
Author: Jessica William
11. Local Service Providers
12. Dr. Michele Robinson – Educators Making A Difference
13. Spotting Financial Scams Targeting Seniors
Author: Steven Czyrny
14. Five Reasons To Hire A Locally Owned Funeral Home
Author: Trinity Funeral Home
15. How To Choose Best Laundry Service Near You ?