ALL >> Health >> View Article
Neurology Coding: Diagnosis 348.8 Is Invalid Now
The latest ICD-9 2010 changes went into effect on October 1 this year. Because of thisyou need to adjust the coding software that you use to reflect some new diagnosis codes for special neurological screenings.
Effective October 1, diagnosis 348.8 (other conditions of brain) has gotten the axe. However, ICD-9 2010 has brought forth a new fifth-digit replacement - 348.89. Since the descriptor remains the same, you'll be able to use it for the same circumstances as 348.
What's more, coders previously reported V80.0 (Special screening for neurological, eye, and ear diseases; neurological conditions) along with the patient's symptoms such as 780.4 (dizziness and giddiness) or 784.0 (headache), before an MRI, MRA or another test to have a definitive diagnosis.
You'll need to do away with V80.0 as the new ICD-9 codes have gone into effect. As per the changes, now you'll need to report:
V80.01 --Special screening for traumatic brain injury
V80.09 -- Special screening for other neurological conditions.
The replacements of V80.01 and V80.09 come with its own advantages, helping you tighten your reporting because they differentiate between screenings more specifically for traumatic brain injury (TBI) and other neurological conditions. So if you code for any of the following specialities - radiology, neurology, family practice, etc. - you'll find these new codes helpful.
Keeping up with the ICD-9 code changes can be a tough ask. But attending audio conferences might just ease up your job and help you get a better insight on neurology coding.
Attending one will help you master the slew of neurological coding changes for the year 2010 and in the process help you avoid payment delays or denials. Go for an audio conference and see the difference it brings to your practice.
Offers healthcare audio conferences and advanced Learning Opportunities about neurology coding and ICD-9 Codes for medical coders and billers, in the health insurance company claim processors through all types of exceptional series of training CD's, DVD's & Tapes.
Health Articles1. Rethinking Medtech In Covid Times Healthcare Whitepaper
2. Myotrac Infiniti U-control | Biofeedback Resources International
Author: Harry Campbell
3. Brucellosis Market Report And Market Assessment 2030
4. How To Choose The Best Office Space For Therapy On Rent In New York City
Author: Garcia Jones
5. How To Ensure Proper Med Waste In Times Of A Pandemic!
Author: Herb Scott
6. Few Things About Pharmaceutical Granulation
Author: Sahasra Yogam
7. How To Shortlist A Reliable Clinic That Offers Plastic Surgery?
8. Is Hair Weaving Good If You Are Suffering From Hair Loss?
9. How To Get Rid Of Caffeine And Stay Healthy?
Author: Steve Jones
10. Ways For Easier Recovery After Eyelid Surgery
Author: Wilson Bamford
11. 5 Things You Should Consider Before Outsourcing Your Medical Billing Services
12. Mitigating Risk On Outpatient Bundled Payment Contracts
13. Importance Of Credentialing In Medical Billing Process
14. How Has 24/7 Medical Billing Services Benefited Practices Based Out Of Ohio?
15. The Infinite Benefits Of A Natural Multivitamin