ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Tips To Respray Your Vw Car
Re-spraying a car is one of the most amazing and fun tasks to do. If you are planning to spray your VW Campervan or any other VW car that you own, you must read this till the end. You will get to know the step by step process of spraying a VW. Also, you will get some additional tips for the same; some of which are:
• It is always a good idea to try doing it on a cardboard or something before doing it on your car. It is advisable not to take risk by spraying directly on the car.
• Also, you must keep some distance between yourself and your Volkswagen.
• In addition to that, make sure that you maintain the constant pressure if you are using the traditional spray gun, otherwise you will end up painting it really thick.
• It would be great you do it patiently; there is no need to rush, otherwise you will end up soiling the work.
• Make sure you wear proper gear; especially vapour respirator while you are spraying.
There is a fixed systematic procedure consisting of a few steps for spraying your VW car, so if you are interested knowing the process, here are the steps which you must follow one by one in sequence...
1. The first step is to find a suitable location and this step needs to be taken seriously, as you cannot choose any place randomly.
There are a few conditions to be met... The place should be highly ventilated so that the fumes do not get build up in an enclosed room, as it can explode if the fumes do not get space to go out of the room. Also, the place should be neat and clean; free from dirt and dust. There is should be proper supply of electricity and should have enough space to work around the car. Home garages are strictly not recommendable for this work.
2. The next step will be to gather all the material and tools that you are going to need during the entire process. The tools include air compressor, paint sprayer, dust masks, respirator as well as eye protection. In addition to that, do not forget the materials like hand sand paper, masking tape and paper, paint, body filler, paint thinner or hardener and solvents for cleaning surfaces.
3. Now is the time to remove the trim as well as rust and the repair the dents, if using the body fillers. If the holes are very large, you might need fibre glass to repair them.
4. Apply the masking tape to all the parts of the car where you do not want to apply the paint like windows, glass, mirror, doors and handles. Clean the surface of the car thoroughly.
5. Sand all the primed areas smoothly and then clean the surface which you want to paint. Now, prepare the final paint and spray it onto the car. If your paint is metallic, it requires a clear coat as well.
Lastly, remove all the imperfections and your car is ready!
If you want to respray your Garage Services London or if you want to get it done by the professionals, make sure you visit the Heston VW so that you get the quality work done. The specialists working there will make sure that you get the desired output.
Automobiles Articles1. Digitrac Tractot Service Request
2. Top 10 Best Car Cleaning Products You Could Try!
Author: Monstershine Car Care
3. Damaged Windscreen - Repair Or Replace It?
Author: Anna Lampasona
4. Nti Mall Sell Car Android App
5. Mesa Auto Repair That Provides The Best Service Around
Author: Ryan Peppitoni
6. A Complete Guide On Hiring Your Wedding Car
Author: Jasper Bride
7. Why Does Your Child Require A Driving Instructor For Confident Driving?
Author: Nicholas Manchee
8. What Makes A Driving School The Best In Town?
Author: Nicholas Manchee
9. Things To Consider Before Buying A Harley Davidson Bike
Author: Levi Fysh
10. Guide For Buying An Obd2 Scan Tool
Author: Hamish Crotty
11. Mistakes To Avoid While Servicing A Skoda Car
Author: Oliver Mertin
12. Car Paint Protection Enhances The Durability Of Your Car
Author: Anthony Gellatly
13. How To Get Auto Loan That Is Not Terrible For Your Financials?
Author: Jeffery Reynolds
14. Top Maintenance Tips That Will Help Your Engine Run Forever
Author: Jonathan Delarosa
15. Best Place To Sell High End Cars
Author: PCH AUTOWORLD