ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Tips To Respray Your Vw Car
Re-spraying a car is one of the most amazing and fun tasks to do. If you are planning to spray your VW Campervan or any other VW car that you own, you must read this till the end. You will get to know the step by step process of spraying a VW. Also, you will get some additional tips for the same; some of which are:
• It is always a good idea to try doing it on a cardboard or something before doing it on your car. It is advisable not to take risk by spraying directly on the car.
• Also, you must keep some distance between yourself and your Volkswagen.
• In addition to that, make sure that you maintain the constant pressure if you are using the traditional spray gun, otherwise you will end up painting it really thick.
• It would be great you do it patiently; there is no need to rush, otherwise you will end up soiling the work.
• Make sure you wear proper gear; especially vapour respirator while you are spraying.
There is a fixed systematic procedure consisting of a few steps for spraying your VW car, so if you are interested knowing the process, here are the steps which you must follow one by one in sequence...
1. The first step is to find a suitable location and this step needs to be taken seriously, as you cannot choose any place randomly. There are a few conditions to be met... The place should be highly ventilated so that the fumes do not get build up in an enclosed room, as it can explode if the fumes do not get space to go out of the room. Also, the place should be neat and clean; free from dirt and dust. There is should be proper supply of electricity and should have enough space to work around the car. Home garages are strictly not recommendable for this work.
2. The next step will be to gather all the material and tools that you are going to need during the entire process. The tools include air compressor, paint sprayer, dust masks, respirator as well as eye protection. In addition to that, do not forget the materials like hand sand paper, masking tape and paper, paint, body filler, paint thinner or hardener and solvents for cleaning surfaces.
3. Now is the time to remove the trim as well as rust and the repair the dents, if using the body fillers. If the holes are very large, you might need fibre glass to repair them.
4. Apply the masking tape to all the parts of the car where you do not want to apply the paint like windows, glass, mirror, doors and handles. Clean the surface of the car thoroughly.
5. Sand all the primed areas smoothly and then clean the surface which you want to paint. Now, prepare the final paint and spray it onto the car. If your paint is metallic, it requires a clear coat as well.
Lastly, remove all the imperfections and your car is ready!
If you want to respray your Garage Services London or if you want to get it done by the professionals, make sure you visit the Heston VW so that you get the quality work done. The specialists working there will make sure that you get the desired output.
Automobiles Articles1. Take Proper Protection While Biking – Learn How Motorcycle Helmets Albuquerque Helps
Author: Ricardo Rios
2. Wimbledon Driving School
Author: Cynthia Hall
3. Kia Showroom Hyderabad | Kia Dealers Hyderabad | Automotive Kia
Author: swapna rockz
4. Things To Know About The Led Daytime Running Lights
Author: Hamish Crotty
5. 6 Ways To Maintain You Car For The Long Run
Author: Oliver Mertin
6. Why Refurbished Harley Davidson Bike Is A Good Idea
Author: Levi Fysh
7. How To Decrease The Points On Your Driving License
Author: Nicholas Manchee
8. How To Get Rid Of Your Junk Car
Author: Lachlan Ruth
9. Learn About Why Quick And Hassle-free Cash Just A Disposition Away
Author: Luna Charlotte
10. Жило за съединител
Author: Микрон Доцев
11. Know About The Long Term Parking In Perth Airport
Author: Ava M Williams
12. How To Choose Between Short-term & Long-term While Getting An Auto Loan?
Author: jeffery reynold
13. Gps Tracker For Vehicle - The Importance Of Tracking
Author: Alex Bender
14. It’s Time To Get Your Paint Corrected And Protected At Nasiol India!
Author: AKSHAY SINGH
15. Towbars Sydney
Author: Bars N Racks