ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Obedience Training For Dogs Is Easy And Fun
You have a dog that you wish to enter into the service industry by taking care of special needs individuals. This requires not only a special dog, but also careful training to ensure that the dog will be a good fit for anyone. This article was written to answer some of your questions about dog training.
Enforce all of the commands you issue to your dog. Do no issue a command on a whim. Only give a command to your dog if you truly mean it. This can lead to having to repeat your commands. A well-trained dog should only need to be told once to do something.
Show your dog that you love them and are proud of them. It's easy in dog training to focus on the negative and try to show your dog that what they are doing is wrong. Make sure that you also work to accentuate the positive and praise them when they are doing well.
Prepare to administer lessons to your dog repeatedly. Most dogs will not pick up a new command with just one or two tries. Sometimes it is helpful to focus on one or two commands a day so that through your sessions you are repeating enough times to fix the commands solidly in your dog's memory.
Not all dogs are comfortable around other dogs or people. The best way to train your dog to be more comfortable around other animals or people is to expose them to as many people and other dogs as often as possible, preferably earlier in their life. This will make them accustomed to being around others.
Make your dog training fun for both you and your animal. If you are not having fun then more than likely, your dog is not either. This can lead to you both having a bad experience. The more fun you can make your dog training the faster it will go for both of you. Try to look at dog training as a game, and not as a chore.
To teach your dog how to walk on a leash, you should start by getting your dog used to the leash at a young age. Walk around your yard or garden with your dog on a leash at first. Reward your dog if it does not tug on the leash. Use a command such as 'come' and tug on the leash at the same time. Your dog should quickly understand that you wish it to follow you.
In conclusion, preparing a dog for the special needs service industry, requires not only a special dog and special training techniques, but also a lot of patience and knowledge from the trainer, as well. If you accurately follow the tips and tricks provided in this article, then you should find success with your dog.
I have put together a great web site containing much more useful articles on the topic of training your dog. My preparation and delivery of the important information is something I think you are going to profit from. - My website
Home and Garden Articles1. Tips For Customized Makeover Plans To Fit Your Design Needs
Author: Shreya Sharma
2. 5 Things To Check Before Selecting A House Cleaning Services
3. Save Your Roof, Save Your Life!
Author: Murphys Remedial Builders
4. Best Termite Control Services In Mumbai
5. Reasons For Having Steam Carpet Cleaning
Author: Mr. Clean Carpet Cleaning
6. Home Automation: Control Your World
7. Pool Steps – Great Choice To Enter And Exit Water
Author: My Pool
8. Buying The Swimming Pool Filter Parts After Considering These Things!
Author: My Pool
9. Take A Look At Different Kinds Of Pool Filter And Its Benefits
Author: My Pool
10. Common Problems With Solar Panels
Author: Edmund Brunetti
11. Four Unique Decorating Tips To Give Your Room A New Look
12. Growing An Appreciation Of Shrubs In The Fairy Garden
Author: Florence Blum
13. Let’s Find Together Professionals For Your Hvac Duct Installation Georgia
Author: Nak Global
14. How To Replace Your Old Toilet With A Duravit Toilet Seat
15. Are You Looking For An Inexpensive upvc French balcony Window which Gives The Best View?
Author: Pooja Sharma