ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Obedience Training For Dogs Is Easy And Fun
Total Articles: 4
You have a dog that you wish to enter into the service industry by taking care of special needs individuals. This requires not only a special dog, but also careful training to ensure that the dog will be a good fit for anyone. This article was written to answer some of your questions about dog training.
Enforce all of the commands you issue to your dog. Do no issue a command on a whim. Only give a command to your dog if you truly mean it. This can lead to having to repeat your commands. A well-trained dog should only need to be told once to do something.
Show your dog that you love them and are proud of them. It's easy in dog training to focus on the negative and try to show your dog that what they are doing is wrong. Make sure that you also work to accentuate the positive and praise them when they are doing well.
Prepare to administer lessons to your dog repeatedly. Most dogs will not pick up a new command with just one or two tries. Sometimes it is helpful to focus on one or two commands a day so that through your sessions you are repeating enough times to fix the commands solidly in your dog's memory.
Not all dogs are comfortable around other dogs or people. The best way to train your dog to be more comfortable around other animals or people is to expose them to as many people and other dogs as often as possible, preferably earlier in their life. This will make them accustomed to being around others.
Make your dog training fun for both you and your animal. If you are not having fun then more than likely, your dog is not either. This can lead to you both having a bad experience. The more fun you can make your dog training the faster it will go for both of you. Try to look at dog training as a game, and not as a chore.
To teach your dog how to walk on a leash, you should start by getting your dog used to the leash at a young age. Walk around your yard or garden with your dog on a leash at first. Reward your dog if it does not tug on the leash. Use a command such as 'come' and tug on the leash at the same time. Your dog should quickly understand that you wish it to follow you.
In conclusion, preparing a dog for the special needs service industry, requires not only a special dog and special training techniques, but also a lot of patience and knowledge from the trainer, as well. If you accurately follow the tips and tricks provided in this article, then you should find success with your dog.
I have put together a great web site containing much more useful articles on the topic of training your dog. My preparation and delivery of the important information is something I think you are going to profit from. - My website
Home and Garden Articles1. So Clean That It Sparkles!
Author: David Smith
2. Why It Is Necessary To Avail Upholstery Cleaning
Author: Jamie Fison
3. What Are The Benefits Of Building Regulation
Author: Garry Stacks
4. Different Roofing Styles Available In Port Lincoln
Author: Michael Gilmore
5. How To Decorate Modern Homes
Author: Taurus Inspro
6. Why You Should Select The Most Suitable Fence For Your House
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
7. What Are The Most Important Things Needed To Be Known About Roofing?
Author: Rick Lopez
8. Tips On Becoming A Successful Development Management Personality
Author: Adam Leworthy
9. Know How To Avail The Services Of A Carpet Cleaning Company
Author: Archer Greville
10. Reasons To Appoint A Building Inspector And Necessary Qualification Required
Author: Callum Soul
11. 3 Different Types Of Tile Wedges That Are Used To Set Tiles On The Floor
Author: Hayden Ryrie
12. How To Choose The Right Wood Splitter For You
Author: Michael Foley
13. Choose The Perfect Bedroom Wardrobe In Just Easy 4 Step.
Author: Regalo Kitchen
14. How To Create Cozy Bedrooms With Stools And Benches From Worlds Away
Author: Robert Berry
15. What Are The Important Options Regarding The Waterproofing Basement Walls?
Author: Rick Lopez