ALL >> Career >> View Article
Interviewers: Win Over And Hire The Hard To Find And In Demand Candidate
Total Articles: 4
Salary, office location, benefits and all the perks you can offer will always motivate candidates, but what are
the other vital reasons a great candidate accepts or declines an offer? How do you know what will mean the most to the
candidate you want to hire? A savvy interviewer will authentically let candidates know all the details that set you apart
from the competition. Interviewers need to think like a candidate and anticipate their needs, fears and
concerns. To help you resonate with candidates, consider five key points that matter to candidates as they consider
what’s important in an employer.
Candidates want to trust their employer and believe they can earn respect and their judgment and ability to do the job
will be valued by their employer. Candidates want to know their employer will treat them fairly and they want to work
where people take pride in their work.
Through interviews and casual conversations with candidates, interviewers can share relevant examples of how trust,
respect, fairness, pride and partnership thrive in your organization. There’s no need to beat candidates over
the head with what you’re doing but when the question, “what’s it really like to work here” comes
up, consider examples of each point to discuss so you come off as trustworthy to candidates.
Use the five key points to springboard conversations to help you better relate to candidates and show why your
organization is a great place to work. Encourage all interviewers to share their own versions of how trust, respect,
pride, fairness and partnership make you the employer everyone will want to join.
Here’s where to start:
Trust: Share examples that show:
• Communications both organization wide and
within teams are open and accessible. Promote we are transparent in our actions
• We value integrity in all actions
• We appreciate each team member’s
competence and trust they will perform to the best of their ability. We don’t micromanage and trust you to make
the best decisions for your job
Examples should help candidates realize, We are open communicators who don’t keep secrets. You can
trust us with your career.
Respect: Share examples that show:
• Team members support each other and show
appreciation for hard work
• Employees are open to collaborating and
don’t hoard or refuse to share ideas
• We care for employees as individuals with
lives outside of work
Examples should help candidates realize, We support and value team work. We value you as a person with a life
beyond your job. We encourage balance.
Fairness: Share examples that show:
• Equity is a balanced treatment of all
• There is no favoritism in
• We pride ourselves on resolving issues in
a fair and just manner
Examples should help candidates realize, We take equity seriously, promote from within and reward based on hard work and
Pride: Share examples that show:
• Encourage employees to take pride in
organization and in their individual contributions
• Foster environment of support and
productivity for all teams
• Respect organizations reputation,
products and services and standing in the community
Examples should help candidates realize, We want you to always feel great about working here. We like it when our
employees brag about why we are a great place to work.
Partnership: Share examples that show:
• Encourage each employee to be themselves
and be proud of who they are and the experiences they bring to their role
• Foster a friendly and welcoming
• We are proud to have created a culture
where employees feel like family
Examples should help candidates realize, We respect individuality and welcome diversity on our team.
Eileen Smith is the author, coach and CEO of The Recruiter Advisor, LLC which offers
href="http://www.therecruiteradvisor.com/">recruitingthe tools to showcase expertise, gain fast credibility and boost
their career to new heights. Discover a series of eBooks and customized coaching services developed for recruiters at
Career Articles1. Back To School - Memories Of First Day!
Author: Akshaya Patra
2. An Insight To The Digital Marketing Company
Author: Aakash Kanaujia
3. How Can You Recognize The Reliable And Reputed Recruitment Agencies In Bangkok?
Author: Maxwell Emard
4. Best 100 Universities In The World
5. Summer Trends Of 2019
Author: Shreyas Deshpandey
6. Role Of Pharma Job Consultants And Placement Agency In India
Author: jennifer jam
7. How Free Job Posting Site Help To Hire Chef, Tailor, Security Guard & Office Boy Easily?
Author: Amit Singh
8. How Consultancy Agents Can Help You In Recruitment In Thailand?
Author: Maxwell Emard
9. Find The Best Copywriters With The Help Of Creative Staffing Agencies In Los Angeles
Author: Tim Donnelly
10. Four Essential Questions You Need To Ask In A Ux Designer Interview
Author: Tim Donnelly
11. Which Country Is Best For Study And Part Time Job?
Author: Aspire World Immigration
12. Professional Advice On Job Hunting In A Hurry
13. 5 Benefits Of Outsourcing Recruitment
Author: Kunal Sutar
14. What Place Do Job Posting Sites Take Currently?
Author: Satish Jaddu
15. Electrician Jobs In Canada | Pure Staffing Solutions
Author: Pure Staffing Solutions