ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Best Sights To See In Korea’s Dmz Tour
The Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) is the land that separates South and North Korea. Many of the areas here are usually deserted and civilians are not allowed to enter. And because of this the land here is very beautiful, unadulterated and the natural environment is maintained. However there are a few DMZ tours that are conduced where the common man can visit some of these places. They are-
Joint Security Area
This area which is also called the “Truce Village” was initially the only area which connected the North and South Korea. This is also the only place where people from both the countries face each other. United Service Organization (USO) conducts tours to this region. It is estimated that more than 100,000 people visit this area to learn about its significance in relation to the South and North Korea divide. USO’s tour also gives sight to the location where the Korean Armistice Agreement was negotiated and signed in 1953.
Bridge of No Return
A major highlight of the USO’s DMZ tour is the Bridge of No Return. It is also located in the Joint Security Area. The name is said to have originated because many of the soldiers who were caught in previous years did not wish to return home even though the opportunity to do so was given them. It is said that captive soldiers are given a choice to return to their home country or live and die in their captive country. Whatever be the decision there was no return once the decision was made.
Third Tunnel of Aggression
This tunnel which lies 73 meters below the ground was built by North Korea and was discovered as late as 1978. It is located as closely as 44 kms from South Korea’s national capital- Seoul and is said to be able to accommodate as much as 30,000 people at any given time. 4 such tunnels have been discovered and this is also part of USO’s DMZ tour.
A must visit sight when on a DMZ tour is the Dora Observatory which is on top of the Dorasan mountain. It is located in the DMZ and is the closest point to North Korea. When on an USO’s tour you can see North Korea over the horizon through the binoculars kept here. Most South Korean families who have lost their families or relatives to the north often come here to get a glimpse of this country that they were in war with.
Travel Articles1. Hire Local Taxi Services In Melbourne
2. Limo Service Toronto, On – Car Service - Limo Routes
Author: Jennifer Loren
3. Viaja A Kerala Con Bellezas De La Estación Munnar Hill
Author: Jessica Johansson
4. Taxis At The London Heathrow Airport
5. Reasons To Have Professional Floor Cleaning Services
Author: Vania Oliveira
6. Best Top 10 Things To Do In Mljet Island
Author: Carl Fisher
7. A Luxury Tour To Egypt – In Everyone’s Travel Diaries
Author: Cliff Collins
8. Visit The Traditional Markets With Cheap Holidays To Dubai
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
9. Enjoy Exciting Activities In Hatta During Dubai Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
10. Relaxing Waterfront Holidays Wooli
Author: Blue River Apartments
11. The Wilderness Of Madhya Pradesh
Author: Mani Kumar
12. Palaces In India | Heritage Hotels Of India | Book Best India Heritage Hotels
Author: Palaces In India
13. What Are The Different Accommodation Options In Vancouver For A Student?
Author: Gabriel Logan
14. Hyderabad Metro – Perspective Of A Newbie To Hyderabad
Author: Kirti D
15. Australia Study Visa
Author: Neha Yadav