ALL >> Computers >> View Article
What Is Vcd-macgo Vcd Player?
VCD stands for Video Compact Disc, also called Video CD; it’s basically a CD that contains moving pictures and sound. A VCD is capable of holding up to 74/80 minutes on 650MB/700MB CDs respectively of full-motion video along with quality stereo sound. VCDs use a compression standard called MPEG to store video and audio. They can be played on almost all standalone DVD Players and all computers with a DVD-ROM or CD-ROM drive with the help of a software based decoder / player. The quality of a very good VCD is about the same as a VHS tape based movie while VCD is usually a bit more blurry.
VCD was introduced in 1993 by JVC, Philips, SONY and Matsushita and is described in detail in the White Book specifications. Video data is demanding in terms of storage capacity; it requires approximately 5 MB of storage per second of video, which would translate to about two minutes of video on a 680 MB CD. In order to store video information on a CD in a practical fashion, the data must be compressed for storage and then decompressed for replay in real time. MPEG-1 compresses data at ratios of up to 200:1. MPEG is an international standard, and can be used by any manufacturer to create hardware for use with MPEG video. MPEG video can also be recorded on any CD. VCD formatting removes unnecessary information from MPEG-1 data, and adds specialized video authoring capabilities through inclusion of a CD-i (CD- Interactive) runtime application.
1. VCD 2.0, which was introduced in 1995 and adds hi-resolution stills, fast-forward, and rewind functions to the original specifications.
2. VCD-ROM, introduced in 1997 and enables the creation of hybrid VCD/CD-ROM disc.
3. VCD-Internet, which was introduced in 1997 and is a standardized means of linking video and Internet data.
4. SuperVCD, which uses either high bit rate MPEG-1 or variable bit rate MPEG-2 for the use of CD-R drives instead of DVD drives.
Hardware and software support
Video CDs are not popular in the US, Canada and Europe, so its support is limited among mainstream software. Windows Media Player prior to version 9 and QuickTime Player do not support playing VCD directly, though they can play the .DAT files (stored under \MPEGAV for video and audio data) reliably, and plugins were available. Windows Vista added native support of VCD along with DVD-Video and can launch the preferred application upon insertion. The disc format is also supported using Windows Media Player Classic variations and VLC Media Player both support VCDs natively.
Direct access playback support is available within Windows XP MCE, Windows Vista, Windows 7, BSD, Mac OS, Linux, and Darwin, among others, either directly or with updates and compatible software.
Disc playback is also available both natively and as an option on some CD- and DVD-based video game consoles, including PC-FX, Sega Saturn (pictured right), Sega Dreamcast, and Sony PlayStation.
Most DVD players are compatible with VCDs, and VCD-only players are available throughout Asia, and online through many shopping sites. Some Blu-ray and HD-DVD players also retain support, as do CBHD players as well.
Macgo International Limited was founded in 2008; they have over ten years of experience in DVD Blu-ray video and have developed many DVD Blu-ray video tools with advanced technology. In the past ten years, Macgo has established itself as the innovative leader in video DVD Blu-ray technology by pioneering more performance enhancing technology.
Macgo International Limited offers the first and best Mac Blu-ray Player, Windows Blu-ray Player Software, Mac Media Player, and a series of iPhone tools for users, such as iPhone Cleaner for Mac, Mac iPhone Data Recovery, iPhone Explorer for mac. Macgo is devoted to provide the most wonderful blu-ray experience and to optimize iSO devices for users.
Computers Articles1. Best Election Management Software Solution In 2020
Author: prateek mishra
2. Fortnite: How To Unlock Different Styles For Remedy Vs. Toxin Skin
3. 12 Best Apps To Install On Your New Iphone
4. Where To Find Missable Items In Final Fantasy 7
Author: Jaxson Harry
5. The Best Secure Cloud Storage For Your Personal And Business Needs
6. All You Need To Know About Glbrain Initial Exchange Offering
7. Buy A Laptop Computer Online Store
Author: Shweta Computer
8. Streamline Your Business Operation With Sales Force Automation Software
Author: Rati Bhanot
9. Laptop On Rent
Author: True Tech
10. M V Technologies - One Of The Top Web And App Development Companies In Noida
11. Building Your Own Desktop At Home? Keep An Eye For These Key Components.
Author: Sonu Kumar
12. Contact And Get Browser Support Over The Phone.
Author: kirlin jackeline
13. How Testing Transformation Leads The Way To Digital Transformation
Author: Oliver Moore
14. Use The Antivirus Program In An Efficient Way
Author: murphy felicia
15. How To Personalize Visual Feedback For Touch Points On Windows 10?
Author: Aida Martin