ALL >> Art >> View Article
How To Become A Calligraphic Illustrator
What is calligraphy?
Calligraphy is an art of turning words into a creative visual. This art of handwriting, which has been practiced for so many years, stood the test of time.
Calligraphy has evolved through. While writing in calligraphy has been enjoyed as a good hobby and past time, more and more people are making this fine art form as another means of income. Those artists who practice this art of handwriting are called calligraphers or calligraphic illustrators. These days, they are the ones who make use of modern and contemporary calligraphy to make personalized and creative items from invitations to announcements, advertising materials, product packaging, logos, and many more.
For some, calligraphy has become their passion and profession. With so people becoming aware of the beauty of calligraphic illustration, opportunities abound in this new field. You can create your own calligraphic illustrations and sell them; work for calligraphy or art studios or be a freelance calligrapher and work per project basis. More calligraphers these days are self-employed and freelancers.
Step by step process
Being a calligraphic illustrator seems like a very cool thing to do. Good to know that anyone can learn to write in calligraphy. It takes passion and discipline but it is an art that can be studied and practiced. You need to learn the basics and get acquainted with the instruments and techniques.
There is no degree needed to become an expert in this field. However, there are some formal training courses and workshops to better prepare one to this career. To start in this field, it is still advantageous to have an art degree. If you are still in school and planning to take this career path someday, take some calligraphy classes and other related electives. For others, take note of calligraphy workshops that are open for anyone to take. Attend as many as you can.
You can also take advantage of the many free resources available. There are online lessons for free on the Internet. Even if you have prior formal training, learning shouldn't stop. Look up the International Association of Master Penmen, Engrossers and Teachers of Handwriting (IAMPETH) online and learn more from the experts. A quick search in YouTube will net you some good beginners videos.
A successful calligrapher will not only possess artistic ability but also marketing and communications skills. For people and future employers to notice you, you have to put your works out there for everyone to see. Develop a portfolio representing the best works you have ever done. This will be your key to being discovered. Join an artist forum or website and showcase your works. Or better yet, make your own website and online portfolio.
Meet other like minded individuals through networking. Connect with fellow calligraphers by joining clubs, societies and guilds. This will be a great venue to learn more from others, connect with possible job opportunities and make some friends who share the same interests.
Finally, it's time to finally apply what you have learned. You can either seek employment by applying to calligraphy studios or put to test your entrepreneurship skills by going freelance. Each option has its merits and disadvantages. Choose one that you would like to pursue. The end goal for starting calligraphers is to do what you love to do, gain experience, and build portfolio.
We represent the 105 world's finest calligraphic illustrators specializing in lettering, hand written and fonts designs. Please call our professional team of agents to discuss your requirements.
Art Articles1. Business And Brand Promotions Through Exclusive Drinkable Art Displays/installations
Author: Justin Garcia
2. Give An Astonishing Look To An Enormous House With The Best Interior Design.
Author: Alan Waxman
3. Get The Single Edition Photographic Prints Of Your Favourite Art
Author: Leo Jaxon
4. Want Discrete Art For Your Place? Pick Zuzu Original Artworks
Author: Tekè Gallery
5. Fine Art Nature Abstract Photography – An Art In Much Demand Today
Author: Leo Jaxon
6. New Mental Health Talk Show Comes To Youtube Aimed To Help Improve Mental Health Awareness
7. Professional Wedding Photographers In Coimbatore | Bridal Wedding Photography In Coimbatore | Pictur
8. What Do Experts Say About Hiring On Video Production Company?
9. Managing Videos For The Trade Shows
10. How To Find The Best Tattoo Artist In Charlotte
Author: Dexter Brown
11. 3 Mistakes To Avoid When You Hire A Wedding Photographer
Author: Hugo Brown
12. Famous Musicals You Should Watch
Author: Edmund Brunetti
13. Well-designed Custom Banners Can Leave An Excellent First Impression On The Probable Customers
Author: 704 Sign Printing
14. Sunnie Sun Productions Announces Toronto's "kpop North" Tour Dates With Toronto's Amg Cross-promoti
15. The Magical Journey Continues In Brayden’s Magical Pirate Ship Adventure