ALL >> Health >> View Article
Do Away With Unfair Mue Denials By Attending Audio Conferences
Effective January 1, 2007, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) implemented Medically Unlikely Edits (MUEs) to reduce the Paid Claims Error Rate for Part B claims. These edits are designed to minimize errors that occur due to clerical entries and incorrect coding based on anatomic considerations, CPT/HCPCS code descriptors, among others.
Previously called Medically Unbelievable Edits or MUEs, these apply only to the services specifically listed in the table of MUEs, as such, all services do not have MUEs associated with them.
Just as the National Correct Coding Initiative (NCCI) edit, the MUE edit is an automated prepayment edit that does away with incorrect payments. But unlike national CCI edits which pair different codes, these MUEs limit the number of units of a specific code that one can report for the same patient on the same day.
Understanding MUEs might be difficult at times. Sometimes denials associated with MUEs might just drive you crazy.
So what do you do when you encounter unfair denials?
By attending audio conferences, you'll get the opportunity to learn MUE appeals strategies. When you attend an MUE appeals conference, you'll get an idea on how to include MUEs in your billing process, understand why your claims for appropriate services are denied based on an MUE, and of course know how to appeal the denial successfully, among a host of other information regarding medically unlikely edits.
What's more is that, you can also put to rest all your queries regarding MUEs by participating in an interactive question and answer session that are part of the audio conferences.
The best part about these conferences is that even if you miss out on attending them, you can always get a CD recording of the entire event which will be as informative and useful as attending the actual conference.
Offers healthcare audio conferences and advanced Learning Opportunities for MUE appeals strategies MUEs in your billing process through all types of exceptional series of training CD's, DVD's & Tapes.
Health Articles1. Rethinking Medtech In Covid Times Healthcare Whitepaper
2. Myotrac Infiniti U-control | Biofeedback Resources International
Author: Harry Campbell
3. Brucellosis Market Report And Market Assessment 2030
4. How To Choose The Best Office Space For Therapy On Rent In New York City
Author: Garcia Jones
5. How To Ensure Proper Med Waste In Times Of A Pandemic!
Author: Herb Scott
6. Few Things About Pharmaceutical Granulation
Author: Sahasra Yogam
7. How To Shortlist A Reliable Clinic That Offers Plastic Surgery?
8. Is Hair Weaving Good If You Are Suffering From Hair Loss?
9. How To Get Rid Of Caffeine And Stay Healthy?
Author: Steve Jones
10. Ways For Easier Recovery After Eyelid Surgery
Author: Wilson Bamford
11. 5 Things You Should Consider Before Outsourcing Your Medical Billing Services
12. Mitigating Risk On Outpatient Bundled Payment Contracts
13. Importance Of Credentialing In Medical Billing Process
14. How Has 24/7 Medical Billing Services Benefited Practices Based Out Of Ohio?
15. The Infinite Benefits Of A Natural Multivitamin