ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
How To Properly Care For A Canine
It takes more than feeding and petting to care for a dog. Regular care is an essential part of his life. What is the right way to treat your dog? Whether you're a first-time dog owner or a veteran of many previous canine relationships, you just might pick up a new trick or two from the handy dog advice tips this article has to offer.
Be careful with your dog around Christmas season, many dangers are lurking just under the festive ambiance. For instance, electrical chords are typically strewn about during the holidays, and dogs often chew them, creating an electrical hazard. Dogs may be tempted to eat the decorations on the tree. They may also be tempted by the tree water, which can be toxic.
Your pet needs vaccinations, much in the same way that your baby does. Some common vaccinations that dogs require include rabies, hepatitis and distemper. Each pet is different, and each will have a different immunization schedule. Your veterinarian is a great resource when it comes to which vaccinations are right for the age and breed of your pet.
Be careful around Christmas time with a dog in your home; it's the busiest time of year at 24/7 animal clinics! Things like hanging and tree lights pose a danger to your dog, as they could become tangled or gnaw their way down to raw wires. The loveliest of Christmas plants are also hazardous to a dog's health, so take extra care during holidays.
Lift your dog properly. If you have a little dog or puppy, place your one hand under their chest and use your other hand for supporting their rump and hind legs. If you're lifting a big dog, lift them from their underside supporting their chest using your one arm and using your other arm to support their rear end. Never lift a dog by their back legs, tail, or the nape of their neck.
If you've got just one dog and he doesn't seem all that happy or is left alone a lot, think about getting him a friend. The company could do your pet a lot of good. By choosing another dog that matches your pup's energy level and temperament, you'll ensure that your dogs will be great companions for each other.
Use positive reinforcement to teach your dog the habits that you would like to see from them. For example, if you notice that your dog barks anytime someone enters your home you could reward him for not barking with a treat. The dog will then associate being quite with the reward that he will receive.
Know that an animal doesn't need too many people telling it what to do when it's being trained. If the other people who help you train your dog are not consistent with what you started teaching, your dog will have a hard time. Have one person in charge of their training and let the others reinforce what they've learned by respecting their methods and using the same rules.
You will become a much better dog owner if you take the time to learn more about him. You will have a loyal companion for life when you treat your dog right. Naturally, a dog wants an owner who is competent.
Home and Garden Articles1. Rug Patterns All Set To Become Increasingly Popular Among Young Homeowners
Author: Phoebe Holland
2. Permission Required: To Cut & Grow Chandan Ki Kheti
Author: Tirupati Nursery
3. Order The Best Variety Cacti And Succulents Through Registered And Licensed Supplier
Author: Mark Ramirez
4. Reasons To Have Professional Carpet Cleaning
Author: Nick Koych
5. Searching For Rugs Online Uk? Here Are Some Things You Need To Know
Author: Phoebe Holland
6. Improve The Appearance Of Your Home Exterior With Professional Painters
Author: Pro Painters Calgary
7. Tips To Choose And Use The Curtains Effectively
Author: Al Kilani Fabrics
8. Vital Information About Bug Removal In Franklin
Author: David Alexander
9. Professional Garage Door Installation Takes The Curb Appeal Of Your Home To The Next Level
10. How To Select Good Quality Microwave For Your Home?
Author: Best Micro Ovens
11. How To Find And Choose An Appliance Repair Company In Naples Fl?
Author: Keith Chazin
12. Why Laminate Flooring Is Best For Families With Kids & Pets?
Author: Dylan Holland
13. Distinct Type Of Japanese Dinnerware And Floor Chairs For Use
Author: Joseph Williams
14. How To Turn Your Roof Into An Entertainment Zone
Author: Lincoln Gawler
15. What To Look For When You Opt For Roofing Solutions
Author: Michael Gilmore