ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
We're Sharing These Dog Ownership Secrets Against The Pro's Advice
Are you a dog owner, or did you have a pet at another time in your life? If the answer is yes, you should know that dog ownership can be wonderful. However, those rewards are increased through knowledge and responsibility. This article exists to supply you with high quality advice on dogs.
Look into subsidized health care for your dog if money is tight. Many local communities, in cooperation with groups like the SPCA offer discounted services that have proven invaluable to dog owners. Look into getting your dog spayed or neutered and vaccinated for a fraction of veterinary costs at a sponsored event probably close-by to you. Just contact the SPCA or an animal shelter in your town.
Much like people in the United States, many dogs are overweight. Having a few extra pounds on their frame can lead to a number of health problems, like cancer or diabetes. Many owners simply overfeed their pets. Talk to your veterinarian about how many calories your dog needs each day so you can adjust their meals accordingly.
Refrain from making the training sessions with your dogs too long. Extended sessions can make a dog tire out and become bored easily when you are trying to teach them new things. Limit your training sessions to 20-30 minutes, as this will help to keep the full attention of your dog.
If there are prescription medications in your home, be sure to keep it out of your dog's reach. If your dog has access to these pills, there can be fatal consequences. If the dog does consume some medication, contact your veterinarian immediately.
When giving your dog a bath, make sure that you only put on shampoo that is intended for canines. Using lukewarm water, get the entire body wet and then begin applying the shampoo to their face, working your way down their body. Wait a few minutes and then take a washcloth and wipe off the suds from your pet's face. Wash off the rest of the shampoo as well.
Be careful around Christmas time with a dog in your home; it's the busiest time of year at 24/7 animal clinics! Things like hanging and tree lights pose a danger to your dog, as they could become tangled or gnaw their way down to raw wires. The loveliest of Christmas plants are also hazardous to a dog's health, so take extra care during holidays.
Make an appointment with a good vet right after getting a new dog. Do this as soon as your dog arrives at your doorstep. The veterinarian will make sure your pet is as healthy as you think he is and also talk to you about vaccinations. You also want to check with the vet about fixing your dog if you will not be breeding him.
It's important enough to restate the plain fact here: Owning a dog can be an immensely fulfilling experience. The experience is greater the more you learn about dogs. Given your familiarity with the above piece, you ought to have a real feel for dogs. Apply what you've learned here, and enjoy quality time with your pooch.
Leon Smith is experienced in the pet shelter industry and has use that experience to compile http://www.free-dogs.org to help people rescue dogs without homes.
Home and Garden Articles1. Biggest Mistakes Proprietors Make When Trimming Their Trees
Author: ProGreen Landscaping and Pavers
2. Now You Can Get Energy Smart With Solar Powered Pond Fountains For Your Golf Course, Resort, Subdivi
Author: Discount Pumps
3. Top 5 Branded Induction Cooktop In India At Apnidukan
Author: Sweta Sate
4. Top 3 Branded Roti Maker In India At Apnidukaan
Author: Sweta Sate
5. Best Ways To Clean Your Blinds For A Spotless Shine All The Time!
Author: Nick Cvetkovski
6. Which Access Control Systems Should You Have In Your Office?
Author: Mike B.
7. Top Reasons Why High-pressured Water Jetting Is Beneficial For Drain Cleaning
Author: Lucas Wiedermann
8. All You Need To Know About Electric Water Pumps For House
Author: Jacob James
9. Take A Look At These Hardwood Flooring Installation Trends
10. 5 Things You Should Know About Engineered Wood Flooring
Author: Bernard Wogan
11. Advantages Of Working With A Home Builder
Author: Rayan Evan
12. How Often Does A Pool Need To Be Resurfaced Southwest Florida?
Author: Contemporary Pools
13. Wide Variety Of Large Summerhouse In All Sorts Of Different Sizes & Shapes Hitting The Market
Author: James Johnson
14. Access The Best Solution For Hot Water Tank Issues
Author: Furnace Air Winnipeg
15. Solve Issues On Hvac With Professional Repair Services In Calgary
Author: AAA Heating and Cooling