ALL >> Health >> View Article
How Do Protein Shakes Help In Weight Gain?
Women hate being called skinny. Curves are in and a lot of ladies are trying to put on some pounds to get that voluptuous figure! They follow an intense weightlifting program to build muscle and supplement it with a high-protein diet. Having protein shakes is the best way to get the protein you need and you can also add healthy and high-calorie ingredients to your protein shakes to increase your calorie consumption. You must be wondering why you can’t get enough protein from your regular diet. Why do you need these extra protein shakes? The answer is simple! You can get definitely get protein from your regular diet, but when we are trying to gain weight we need to consume at least 1 gram of protein for each pound of our body weight. It becomes extremely difficult to get this amount of protein from our regular diet.
Protein is known as the building block of muscle and is undoubtedly the most important part of your food when you are working on building muscles or gaining weight. Without sufficient amount of proteins, your body cannot gain weight. Thus you need to incorporate one or two protein shakes into your daily meals ...
... to increase your protein intake. The best sources of proteins are whole foods, but if your metabolism is naturally high, you may find it difficult to get what you need through consumption of whole foods alone.
Hence it is advisable to purchase a high-quality protein powder which is made from hemp, soy, rice, whey or casein. You must avoid products with preservatives and added sugars. Look for protein powders with 25 grams or less protein per serving. You also get flavoured shakes such as vanilla or chocolate.
You can also add nutritious high-calorie ingredients like nuts, peanut butter, whole milk, berries, yogurt, avocado, bananas etc to your protein shakes for weight gain and increase your calorie intake. They will also add other vital nutrients to your diet to help you put on weight easily. Foods like eggs, beans, soy, lean meat and fish are all great sources of protein which you can include in your solid food diet.
Additionally you might want to drink a high-calorie protein shake after your workout that would help in muscle-building. You can include fresh fruit which are the sources of carbohydrates in order to replace your glycogen stores that have been depleted during your workout process. This helps in providing the energy you need to work out for the next time so you can keep gaining weight. The best time to have a protein shake is 15-60 minutes after your workout.
Health Articles1. Trocars Market Worth $762.3 Million By 2023
Author: Markets and Markets
2. Looking For An Online Booking Appointment Platform In India?
3. Best Gifts For Your Significant Other In 2021
4. Why Is Now The Right Time To Begin Your Cbd Business?
5. What Makes A Clinic Different Than A Dentist's Office?
6. What Is Hypnosis?
Author: Becky Hays
7. C-leg And Its Benefits
Author: Sudarsan Swain
8. Otolaryngology Practices- Now Solve All Your Medical Billing Issues With 24/7 Medical Billing Services
Author: Danny Johnsmith
9. Is Your Massage Therapist Inviting Spirits Upon You?
Author: william sons
10. Benefits Of Integrating Ai Tools Into The Clinical Workflow
Author: Marteck Solutions
11. Surface Disinfectant Market - Anticipated To Witness High Growth In The Near Future
Author: robert henric
12. What Is Hatha Yoga: Build Strength And Improve Focus With This Practice!
13. How To Maintain Your Tooth Implants? Read This Guide
Author: Paulo Pinho
14. Using Appropriate Modifiers To Enhance Collections For Podiatry
Author: Danny Johnsmith
15. Residential Air Purifiers Market Worth Usd 13.6 Billion : Increasing Urbanization And Indoor Air Pollution
Author: Rama Sharma