ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Hyundai Takes The Lead In Innovation
This year, with the launch of the 2015 Hyundai Genesis launches, the company will catapult itself to the head of the industry in terms of innovation. How? By being one of the first major auto companies out of the gate to embrace the emerging technology that Google Glass represents.
What Does the Hyundai, Google Glass Connection Mean?
Google Glass is currently the 800-pound gorilla in the wearable computing room, and Hyundai’s move to embrace the nascent technology is significant, and should catch the eye of the hip, tech savvy market segment keen to see where the tech will ultimately go. From a practical standpoint, here’s how you can expect it to work.
Put on your Google Glasses and download Hyundai’s app to them. Once you register your vehicle inside the app, you’ll be able to:
• Lock and unlock your car doors
• Start your vehicle’s engine to warm it up on those cold mornings
• Find your vehicle if you’ve forgotten where you parked
All with nothing more than a “look,” and that’s just what we know. It would be easy to envision upgrades to the app allowing for sound system control, heat and a/c control, and detailed vehicle monitoring. In fact, we already know that vehicle monitoring is part of the app’s development map, because Hyundai confirms that service alerts can be set to flash on Glass’ display, along with the ability to initiate a call to the dealership to schedule service appointments, and even provide you directions on how to get to the nearest dealership, if you’re away from home and find that the vehicle needs service.
Based on what we know so far, Hyundai’s offering is not a “killer app.” It has its flaws and limitations, sure, but you can expect that as the app matures and continues to develop, its capabilities will grow rapidly as it takes advantage of all that the new technology has to offer, and Hyundai seems committed to this course. As Barry Ratzlaff, executive director, Customer Connect and Service Business Development, Hyundai Motor America said in a recent press release: "As a leader in connected car technology, we're always exploring new ways to use technology to enhance the ownership experience for our customers. Wearables are a great way to extend the experience outside of the vehicle by leveraging these small screens to quickly access remote features and deliver timely vehicle information."
Of course, the primary assumption here is that wearing Google Glass and similar technologies will be, and remain legal. So far that seems to be the case, but there have been a few notable exceptions of people being kicked out of public places for no other reason than the fact that they were wearing the technology, and one woman in California was actually ticketed for wearing Glass.
It’s a new technology, and there are still a few unknowns, but it is wonderful to see Hyundai taking the lead in incorporating technologies like Google Glass in order to enhance the ownership experience of their cars. Bravo!
Riverside Hyundai in Riverside is your full-service Hyundai dealership, providing new and preowned Hyundai cars, trucks, and sport utility vehicles. If you are searching for Hyundai dealers using the keywords Ontario CA Hyundai or Hyundai dealers in Corona, visit Hyundairiverside.com today!
Automobiles Articles1. Top 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Choosing Car Restoration Service
Author: Lewisham Smash Repair
2. Mens Motorcycle Jackets Can Help Riders Look Stylish And Amazing!
Author: Ricardo Rios
3. Cycling Helmet Market Overview 2020 By Manufactures, Product Scope And Trends
Author: Pradeep Z
4. To Replace Or Repair An Auto Part
Author: Mark Sanford
5. 6 Tips To Ensure Your Vehicle’s Safety While Docking It In Parking Lot
Author: Ava M Williams
6. Car Blind Spot Mirror Uses
Author: Nikhil Madan
7. Car Muffler Or Exhaust Show Pipe
Author: Nikhil Madan
8. How To Make Driving As Your Profession
Author: Nicholas Manchee
9. Advantages Of Original Harley Parts
Author: Levi Fysh
10. Why To Repair Your Car Before The Winter Season?
Author: Hamish Crotty
11. Why To Choose An Authorized Car Repair Shop Over A Regular One?
Author: Oliver Mertin
12. Know How The Scrap Car Service Providers Act As A Savior
Author: Luna Charlotte
13. How To Sell Your Old Car Instantly
Author: Lachlan Ruth
14. Taking Proper Care Of Your Car’s Braking System
Author: Mark Sanford
15. Reason That Convinces You To Hire Classic Car Rental For Your Weddings In Newport Beach
Author: Mark Hale