ALL >> Health >> View Article
The Tmj Temporomandibular Joints Can Be Found On Either Side
TMJ disorders can cause pain in jaw joint and in the muscles that control jaw movement. The exact cause of a person's TMJ disorder is often difficult to determine. The tmj temporomandibular joint is actually two pairs of joints that make it possible for the jawbone to both rotate and slide. This joint connects the lower jaw to the skull. There are many structures that can refer pain to the facial area, these include nerves that supply the muscles of the face or even the muscles themselves can be a cause of referred pain.
With reference to description regarding the distribution of the pain, it is likely that pain is caused by trigger points in the muscles of the face and jaw. The joint gets affected by this “tugging” of the muscle and It can lock or move in an abnormal movement pattern. The tmj temporomandibular joints can be found on either side of the head in front of the ears. These joints allow us to talk, chew and yawn.
Pain around the jaw area can be caused by either problem in the jaw or pain that is referred from another structure to the jaw. When one or more of these joints become inflamed or painful, the condition is called tmj pain. Over the years, the term TMJ has developed into a long misunderstood and yet commonly used acronym in the vocabulary of both doctors and patients alike. It has come to represent nearly all undiagnosed and painful maladies of the face, head, neck and jaws. But these can not exist in isolation from the body. Everything is connected in a singular whole that is our body. Consequently, pain in the jaw can sometimes be a symptom of problems beyond the dental sphere like heart attack. The muscles that surround this joint can get tight especially when people are under stress, have poor posture, or suffer from neck conditions. As a result tmj pain can occur. Jaw pain is a fairly common manifestation of angina. More women than men experience TMD and TMD is seen most commonly in people between the ages of 20 and 40. When jaw pain is episodic the diagnosis of angina should be considered. Unexplained episodic jaw pain should be evaluated by a physician. Many patients come to the ear specialist quite convinced their pain is from an ear infection. When the earache is not associated with a hearing loss and the eardrum looks normal, the doctor will consider the possibility that the pain comes from TMJ.
Health Articles1. Why We Should Know What We Can Recycle
Author: Drink Heart Water
2. How Can I Use Tapentadol Properly To Drive Key Results To Treat Acute Pain?
Author: rxtramadol onlines
3. Get A Slimmer Waste With Tummy Tuck Today!
Author: Mark Taylor
4. Bath Lift - Maintenance And Care
5. Animal Healthcare Products Manufacturers In India
Author: IHC Health
6. The Success Rate Of Hair Transplant In Bhubaneswar
Author: Hair Transplant In Bhubaneswar
7. Are Pregnancy Hormones Taking Over? Here's What You Need To Know.
Author: Shipra Singh
8. Where To Buy An N95 Mask For Sale
Author: Adam Smith
9. How Do You Floss A Child's Teeth?
Author: James Franklin
10. Is It Possible To Regrow Your Hair Naturally? – 8 Medically-approved Tips
Author: Anteh Dispensary
11. Huge Growth Expected In Global Biosimilars Market In Future
Author: Pramod Kumar
12. Mannghatt - Follow Your Heart
13. How Good Oral Hygiene Enhance Your Dental Health
Author: Nisha Dhankhar
14. The Best Drug Rehab Facility And Treatment Help
15. Obtain Inpatient Treatment For Substance Abuse Delivering Efficient Services