ALL >> Health >> View Article
Most Common Type Is Obstructive Sleep Apnea That Is Osa
Teeth grinding pressure and movement can wear down the surfaces of the teeth. A mouth guard or splint is very helpful as creates a physical barrier between upper and lower teeth to protect them from further damage. They also help reduce any grinding noises that you make at night. Some doctors suggest physical therapy stretching exercises that can be done at home and help restore a normal balance to the muscles and joints on each side of the head. In addition to help relieve pain, there are many self-care steps one can take at home like apply ice or wet heat to sore jaw muscles.
Avoid tough meats like steak. Avoid chewy foods and gum. Researchers classify bruxism both as a habitual behavior, and as a sleep disorder. Both clenching and teeth grinding generate tremendous force on the teeth, periodontal ligaments, Temporomandibular joints and chewing muscles, often leading to headaches, facial muscle pain, ear pain, neck and shoulder aches and jaw fatigue.
Several types of sleep apnea exist, but the most common type is obstructive sleep apnea that is OSA. The word apnea comes from the Greek word meaning "without wind." Although it's perfectly normal for everyone to experience occasional pauses in breathing, sleep apnea can be a problem when breathing stops frequently or for prolonged periods of time. It occurs when your throat muscles intermittently relax and block your airway during sleep. The most noticeable sign of obstructive sleep apnea is snoring. For those who suffer from Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) and those who provide treatment for them, doctor bring a family of unique solutions. There are various options at different health centres where patient can have comprehensive range of Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) devices, masks and humidifiers deliver the best in sleep performance for an energized lifestyle. Some patients wake up every day with tired facial muscles, and in pain. Pain in the joint of the jaw develops teeth grinding and OSA.
The prevalence of OSA is much higher in patients with cardiac or metabolic disorders than it is in the general population. The standard treatment for people with moderate to severe obstructive sleep apnea is a mask worn at night that helps them breathe without interruption. Alcohol should be avoided in the evening, as should sedative and hypnotic medication, as these all decrease airway dilator function. Central sleep apnea is much less common. It is caused by a problem in the central nervous system. Treatment is necessary to avoid heart problems and other complications.
Health Articles1. Immunotech : The Systemic Enzyme Based Immuno-modulator In Poultry
Author: Pravin J
2. How To Take Care Of Oral Health With A Busy Traveling Schedule
Author: Ajay Agarwal
3. Clear Understanding Of Various Heart Conditions Or Heart Disease
4. How To Strengthen Tooth Enamel By Qc Dentistry
5. What Would Be The Uterine Leiomyoma (uterine Fibroids) Total Market Size As Well As Market Size By T
6. What Would Be The Thyroid Cancer Total Market Size As Well As Market Size By Therapies Across The 7m
7. Exercises That Help In Healing Heel Pain
Author: Dave Woods
8. Things You Need To Know That How Adjustable Beds Prevent Snoring
Author: Ajay Agarwal
9. Reasons To Stick On The Nutritive Value Supplements
Author: Dave Morgan
10. Acupuncture Needles: Choosing The Right Needle Size For Treating Pain
Author: Shailesh Gajjar
11. Codependent Relationships & Substance Abuse
Author: Care Addiction Center
12. Why Using Organic Products For Your Baby Is The Best Choice Today
Author: Vipin Ramola
13. Miracle Treatment By Stem Cells
Author: Wilson Bamford
14. Order Now High Quality Medications No Rx With Overnight Delivery.
Author: harry max
15. The Smallpox Market Report Provides Current Treatment Practices, Emerging Drugs