ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Airlines Performance Improving
As much as people enjoy taking advantage of cheap travel options, such as cheap airplane tickets, and cheap vacation packages, some passengers have found reason to complain in the past.
A recent report from U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) released shows that the airlines are improving their on-time performance at the same time that airline customer complaints are declining.
The airlines improved their on-time performance in September to 83.8 percent of domestic flights vs.
83.3 percent the prior year.
September’s performance was better than July and August, when summer travelers filled planes and about 25 percent of flights arrived late.
Hawaiian Airlines came in first, with 95 percent of its flights arriving within 14 minutes of schedule. Of the 16 reporting airlines, Southwest Airlines turned in the worst performance, with only 76 percent of its flights arriving on time.
A little less than 1 percent of flights were canceled in September, a slight increase from a year earlier.
Three September flights appear to have violated federal rules regarding excessive runway delays. Two were operated by United Airlines and one by Spirit Airlines.
DOT fined United $1.1 million in October for leaving passengers on 13 planes, with no opportunity to exit, during a long weather delay in Chicago in July 2012. To date, this is the largest fine recorded for extended runway delays.
Passengers are recording fewer airline complaints. Through September of this year complaints filed with DOT are 14 percent less than in 2012.
During the first nine months of the year the rate bags were lost, damaged, or delayed rose slightly from the prior year. Virgin America turned in the best handling rate with American Eagle performing worst.
In the third quarter airlines involuntarily bumped a little more than 11,700 passengers, a decrease of 24 percent from the same period last year. Approximately 109,000 passengers voluntarily gave up their seats. To induce passengers to voluntarily leave oversold planes, airlines often offer travel vouchers.
Travel Articles1. West Croydon Minicabs & Airport Transfer | 02086864545 | Cabhoo Minicabs Croydon.
2. Bachelor Or Bachelorette Parties In San Antonio With A Cheap Limo Service Near Me
Author: Limo Service DC
3. Things You Must Know Before Moving To New Zealand
Author: Sumit Goyal
4. Get Rid Of Your Travel Woes By Hiring Air Charter Services
Author: Club One Air
5. Kheerganga Trek An Exquisite Walk In Hiamalayas
Author: Karandeep Singh
6. Swaraj Mazda Hire In Bangalore || Swaraj Mazda Rentals In Bangalore || 09019944459
7. Hot Air Balloon Ride In Tennessee- An Incredible Holiday And Travel Destination
Author: Robert Jason
8. United Airlines Reservations Official Site
9. Best Rent A Car Services In Islamabad
Author: Pak Car Rentals
10. Places To Visit In North America By Considering Spirit Airlines Reservations
Author: Chrish Smith
11. Gai Jatra – A Journey Of The City And Heavens
Author: Nepa Booking
12. 10 Essential Tips To Know Before Taking The Kailash Mansarovar Yatra
13. Exotic India Wildlife Tours With Bespoke India Holidays
14. Know Everything About The Grand Canyon Of India
Author: Liamtra Travellers
15. The One Day Picnic Resort Around Bangalore
Author: Rohan Kumar