ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Storm Shelter Helpful Of Severe Thunderstorms Or Tornadoes
Although tornado season is typically during the spring months, any of you who live in tornado alley can attest to the fact that tornadoes can show up any time of the year. They do not discriminate against the cold months of the year. We all know that a very warm day followed by a cold front spells out the possibility of severe thunderstorms or tornadoes.
For your safety and the safety of your family, you should have a plan for a designated safe spot in your house in the event of a tornado. There are a number of things that you need to know before you designate a place as well as a number of things that would be helpful to keep in your designated spot just in case.
One of the safest places to be when a tornado hits is in a storm cellar. You can purchase a pre-manufactured storm shelter and either install it yourself or have it professionally installed. You can also build your own storm shelter. If you choose to do this it is important that you research the appropriate materials to use in order for the shelter to be effective. You can have storm shelters built into your home or in the ground near your home. They ...
... also come in various sizes, so you need to think about the size and needs of your family. If you live in a trailer, it is particularly important that you have a storm shelter or know of a community shelter in the area where you can take cover.
If you don't have a storm shelter, there are certain places in your home that are safer than others. If there are windows in the basement, cover them with plastic if you have time and stay away from them.
If there is no basement in your home, you should go to an interior room that is on the lowest level of the home. A closet or bathroom is best. You can also go to an interior hallway in a building on the lowest level. You should stay away from windows, exterior walls and doorways. Stay out of large rooms such as auditoriums, the middle of the grocery store or large hallways. If there is a heavy piece of furniture in the room, take cover under it
The article is written by the person who have worked as in disaster recovery team leader. so the authoe have good knoweledge about steel storm shelter, safe room oklahoma city & garage storm shelter & Underground helters in Oklahoma City.To know more visit on http://hitsteel.com/
Home and Garden Articles1. Upgrade Your Bathroom With Stylish Rain Shower Heads
2. Select The Right Bathroom Vanity For Your Space With This Guide!
3. Reason To Hire The Certified Emergency Furnace Repair Services Contractors
Author: AAA Heating and Plumbing
4. How Do You Choose Bath Shower System And Shower Enclosure?
Author: Yoel Piotraut
5. Home Designs Found In The Best Energy-efficient Homes In Ballarat
Author: Dracon Ballarat
6. The Best Indoor Plantscaping In Philadelphia In 2021
Author: Michele Sokoloff
7. Four Major Benefits Of 3d Modelling For Architects!
Author: Garry Stacks
8. Consider The Following For Re-roofing Your Property
Author: Michael Gilmore
9. Six Interesting Advantages Of Having A Swimming Pool!
Author: Rory Carruthers
10. Getting A Home Security System For Your House
Author: Owen Summerville
11. Look At The Different Options Available For Fencing
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
12. Benefits Of Hiring An Arborist!
Author: Noah Dransfield
13. Best Home Remedies To Clean Your Carpets
Author: Elvin Dao
14. Get To Know The Role Of Proposal Planner In Sydney
Author: Adam Leworthy
15. Understanding The Requirement Of Cafe Blinds At Your Property
Author: Lincoln Gawler