ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
The Golden Dragon – Best Restaurant For Chinese Food In Delhi Ncr
One of the oldest places in the Delhi NCR to serve Chinese cuisine, The Golden Dragon is nothing less than an institution unto itself. Years ago when the options and were limited and no one really knew what authentic Chinese cuisine entailed, Golden Dragon was the place to sample Oriental food among the restaurants in Delhi.
Almost like the fabled Chinese food the restaurant too goes back a long way. The chain was started in 1972 by PK Verma, a mechanical engineer by profession, upon his return from Germany. One can imagine the impact Golden Dragon might have had on the food map of Delhi back in a time when such fare might have been limited to five stars or the road side stalls that served the humble noodles or fried rice. The restaurant’s menu comprises food from across China but it’s the Sichuan and Cantonese selections that form the backbone of the menu.
For the dedicated loyalists any trip to must begin with a generous serving of the Crispy Potato Salt & Pepper. This classic starter comes in two versions, one where it’s tossed with fresh chilies and capsicum and the other where it’s smeared with a little bit of honey and is enjoyed best with a cold beer. With over 80 items the menu is exhaustive and offers an array of great Chinese goodies in chicken--Kung Pao (diced chicken cooked with sliced ginger and garlic in a soya based sauce), Shredded Chicken in Hot Black Bean Sauce; Lamb- Konjee Crispy Lamb (a fantastic dry preparation tossed with beans sprouts, capsicum with chilly sauce) and Duck- Peking Duck Shanghai Style.
What make the whole Golden Dragon experience one of its kinds is the décor. The ambience with its, sometimes, overbearing red color is, well…just too Chinese but hey what would you expect from a Chinese restaurant! There’s nothing but Chinese when it comes to the food, the mood and the character of Golden Dragon.
There might be many flashier places for Chinese food in NCR but The Golden Dragon Restaurant remains a perennial favorite. There’s a myth that surrounds any kind of Chinese food served in India that most of it is Indian-Chinese but for those who have traveled to the mainland would know that the so called ‘Indian-Chinese’ comes dangerously close to the real thing and in that context years of experience makes Golden Dragon a must visit.
Rating for The Golden Dragon Chinese Restaurant: 3 ½ out of 5
To get more info for best restaurants in Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai and all major Indian cities visit Restaurant section of Buzzintown (dot) com.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. Try A Delicious Dry Rub For Lamb Chops
Author: Mike Hernandez
2. Prepare Healthy Recipes And Stay Healthy With Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3. Handmade Atta Cookies Manufacturer-eminent Global
4. Great Food Essentially Builds, Nurtures & Reforms Our Mood (explained)
5. Schezwan Masala Dosa Recipe: A Healthy Option For Your Kids
6. Tips To Consider While Eating Beef Jerky In Restaurants
Author: Empire Jerky
7. Special Cakes For Delivery In Chennai
8. Want To Make Your Dinner Special? Go With This Guide (explained)
9. Two Important Factors That Lead Us To Happiness & Fulfillment (explained)
10. Real & Lovely Treat Is Cake (explained)
11. Soan Papdi, Motichoor Ladoo & Mohanthal Sweet (try Them Because You Will Love It)
12. Bergen County Restaurants With Private Rooms
Author: Brick House
13. Delicious Handmade Jeera Cookies Available At Dubai
14. Smax Has Max Vg E-liquid For Sale
Author: Anthony Le
15. Eminent Global- Handmade Cookies Suppliers In Dubai