ALL >> Business >> View Article
Nepali Housemaids Get Duped In Dubai
Owing to the unjust competition among the counterparts, maids in Dubai which is the commercial center of the United Arab Emirates have been earning a lesser amount of salary than the recommended minimum pay. Housemaids of Nepali origin are in Dubai are getting paid only around DH 700. This pay is around DH 200 lesser than the minimum salary fixed by the Government of Nepal, reported a local media. As stated by the media, trained and experienced domestic helpers working in the New Dubai zones are being paid up to DH 2000.
On the other hand, domestic helpers from countries such as Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Nepal are getting paid below DH 1000. The reason why they are underpaid is due to the unjust competition among intermediaries, as said by the media. Domestic helpers come to Dubai from a lot of countries and many of them get jobs through Dubai Maid Agencies. Their wages are based on the proposed pay by their origin countries. But most of the Nepali housemaids have come into the domestic workers job market with the help of illegal agents, therefore their wages are set by middlemen. Roughly speaking, around 16700 Nepali women have come to the United Arab Emirates by means of formal channels though the number of maids is half of the true number of Nepali maids in the UAE. Approximately 40000 Nepali women are thought to be employed as housemaids in the Emirates. As stated by a local newspaper, Nepali girls and women are sold as maids for between 7000 dirhams and 9000 dirhams while they receive only a monthly mere salary of between DH 500 and DH 800. Every day, around thirty to forty Nepali women aged below thirty years come the Gulf countries through agents that are not legal and are based in India and Nepal. Residents of Dubai have been recruiting Nepali women as domestic helpers through these agents in order to keep away from legal procedures established by the government. Nepali girls and women trapped by these agents have also fallen into legal hurdles such as non-payment of salaries and torture by employers. The Nepali consulate in the United Arab Emirates set free around 100 Nepali girls in the year 2012. Moreover, the Nepali government has decided a minimum salary, age limit, police consent of employers and a cash deposit as the norms to recruit a Nepali domestic worker in the Emirates. The cash deposit is approximately DH 5000. These housemaids are told to avoid such fraudulent agents and get jobs through only trustworthy Maids Agency in Dubai to avoid problems in future. On the other hand, Employers are also advised to hire maids through a responsible Maid Agency Dubai only so that they do not fall into any legal problems later. Employers are also supposed to provide for food and accommodation and other basic necessities and to pay the set salary. This way both the employer and the housemaid will be satisfied.
Business Articles1. How An Investor Made $1 Million From A Retirement Saving Of $35,000
2. How The Covid-19 Pandemic Led To An Increase In Cryptocurrency Scams?
Author: Alex Miller
3. Complex Fertilizers Market To Hit 54.32 Billion Usd By 2022
4. Car Insurance Calgary: Some Basic Pointers To Buy Insurance
Author: Jason Davis
5. How To Prevent Ransomware With Some Simple Tips?
6. Covid-19 Impact On Medical Supplies Market | Increased Demand Of Ppe Kits And N95 Masks Globally
Author: robert henric
7. 8 Things To Know Before Contacting A Website Development Company
Author: Ratnesh sharma
8. Flavor Enhancers Market: Significant Growth Is Observed In The Asia-pacific Region
9. How To Setup Battery Manufacturing Business In India?
10. A Basic Summary Of A Bariatric Post Op Diet
Author: Johnny Kwon
11. Defining Features Of Awg Fire Alarm Cable
Author: Greg Anixter
12. The Future Of Communication - Contactless Near Field Communication (nfc)
Author: NFC Tagify
13. Covid-19 Impact Analyzer For Peptides And Heparin Market Through, Concludes Fact.mr
14. Four Steps For The Perfect Fresh Coat Of Paint
Author: Jrossi Construction
15. Best Astrologer In Mississauga | Famous Indian Astrologer In Mississauga
Author: Pandit Ganapathi