ALL >> Health >> View Article
Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery
In Minimally Invasive Surgery, cardiac surgeons perform the surgery through the small incisions made on the chest of the patient. Surgeons operate between the ribs, and do not split the breastbone. This results in less pain and a quicker recovery for most of the patients.
Please note that minimally invasive surgery also lets the surgeons have a better view of some parts of the heart as compared to the traditional surgeries. Just like traditional surgery, heart is stopped temporarily using the heart and lung machine.
Some of the minimally invasive heart surgeries include:
Coronary Bypass Surgery (CBS)
Heart Valve Surgery
Tricuspid Valve Surgery
Mitral Valve Surgery
Aortic Valve Surgery
Maze Heart Surgery
However, not all patients are ideal candidates for this surgery. Your surgeon will go through your medical history and may ask you for some tests before deciding whether you're an ideal candidate for the surgery.
Major advantages of minimally invasive surgery ...
... (as compared to traditional surgeries) include:
Reduced trauma and pain
Less blood loss
Less noticeable scars
Shorter hospital stay and faster recovery
Lower risk of infection
So, the surgery offers some great advantages. But, just like any other surgery, minimally invasive surgery too has its own share of risk factors, which may include:
So, you better sit with your surgeon for a thoughtful discussion so that you can make an informed decision.
Minimally invasive heart surgery has clear advantages over traditional surgery. Depending on the surgery, you can have one or more incisions on your body; these incisions are about half-inch long. It's through these incisions that surgeons insert laparoscope and other specially designed tools inside the body. Laparoscope is a tube with a camera at one end, which allows the surgeons see the inner chest-area on a large screen. Once the heart surgery is completed, this laparoscope is pulled out of the body.
It's not that minimally invasive surgery can be used for only heart related surgeries; hundreds of other surgeries, like bone marrow transplantation are performed laparoscopically. However, as said earlier, not all patients can be ideal candidates for this type of surgery; it's your surgeon who'll decide this for you.
Last, but not the least, patients (actually their families) should look for the best hospital and heart surgeon. And, if they don't feel satisfied with the explanation of their doctors, they should definitely look for the second opinion.
Max Healthcare is a leading chain of multi-speciality hospitals in India, and has some of the best cardiac surgeons on board. For minimally invasive heart surgeries and bone marrow transplantation, kindly visit its website.
Health Articles1. The Tale Of White Tea And Its Array Of Uses
2. Buy Generic Cialis 40mg Online Uk | Tadalafil | Vidalista 40
Author: Pro Pharmacy Store
3. Minimally Invasive Spine And Pain Interventions (mipsi) Are Going To Be Game Changers In The Healthcare Industry
Author: Pankaj Surange
4. How To Naturally Lose Weight Fast ?
Author: Second Medic
5. Signs That You Need To Drink More Water
Author: Second Medic
6. Air Ambulance Cost From India To Usa
Author: Almas Ambulance
7. Revenue Benefits By Onboarding Dme Medical Billing Company
Author: Danny Johnsmith
8. Snus Shop Produkte Mit Weiteren Zusatzangeboten In Deutschland Und Österreich
9. Is It Safe To Whiten Your Teeth With Procedures?
Author: Akash Tiwari
10. Dental Implant- The Most Recommended Option For A Patient
11. 7 Most Common Challenges With Oncology Billing
Author: Info Hub Team
12. Snus Online Produkte Mit Weiteren Zusatzangeboten
13. Back Pain Therapy Using Painkillers And Different Methods
Author: Daniel Paul
14. The Thin Spots: Where Hair Loss Concealers Work Best
Author: Kenny English
15. Mirna Sequencing And Assays Market Worth $ 343 Million By 2024 – Exclusive Report By Marketsandmarkets™