ALL >> Business >> View Article
Hiring Illegal Maid Lands Uae Indian Expat Sponsor In A Fix - None
Appointing maids in an illegal manner in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) can end up the family or person hiring the maid with a fine of Dh 50,000.
The UAE has definitely no laws to safeguard the sponsor in this kind of situation as stated by a Gulf News article.
This is what an Indian emigrant family experienced. The family became aware that when a housemaid they had employed not long ago through a maid agencies in Abu Dhabi, disappeared from their home.
Anjum Khan, who is working as a sales executive in Dubai, says that she has used up over Dh15,000 which includes Dh7,000 as fees for the maid agency UAE to sponsor the maid from Indonesia.
She said that the maid came to the family on January 18 and disappeared on the day her visa got stamped, that is March 3.
She added that the housemaid could have gone to the Indonesian embassy or to the agency as guided by them if she escaped due to being treated wrongly. But now she is free to look for illegal job while Ms. Khan has to pay the cost of amount Dh 15,000.
Ms. Khan adds that there is a Dh 50,000 fine for employing unlawful housemaids, but there is no info existing on what the sponsors are supposed to do in circumstances such as hers.
The housemaid, who was hired to look after Khan’s 4 month old child, ran away while the family had gone outdoors for some routine task. The police asked us to consult the Dubai General Department for Residency and Foreigners Affairs. As a result, we gave in her passport and registered a case with them. The housemaid had also left her original agreement with the housemaid agencies in Dubai.
Khan said that they were worried for the maid, but, when they got in touch with the placement agency, they were informed that they are not able to do anything apart from checking whether she had gone to the Indonesian Embassy.
When contacted, a representative of the agency said that they can try to find a solution if only the housemaid contacts them or the embassy. He added that their contract clearly mentions that they do not give any guarantee or replacement in the case of an absconding maid.
Khan said that now they do not have any other option but to admit her four month old daughter in a nursery as both her husband and she are employed.
Business Articles1. How To Find The Best Sports Club Decatur That Helps In Staying Fit?
Author: Maria Smith
2. What Are Some Of The Safety Components Available For Mobile Elevated Platforms?
Author: Alan Wood
3. The Biggest Question – Why Recycling Matters?
Author: Yes Full Circle
4. Samir Arora Founder Of Helios Capital Latest Interview
Author: Stock Investor
5. Gdp Advance Estimates For Fy20
Author: Stock Investor
6. Reason To Buy Your Own House
Author: Agrawal Construction
7. Engage The Best And Top Ranked Private Investigators For Quick Fraud, Abuse And Crime Control
Author: Logan Clarke
8. Photo Booth Hire Service In Sydney
Author: Joy Booth
9. Leading Manufacturers, Stockists, Supplier & Exporter For Motor Brush Spring.
Author: Mukesh Mehta
10. Properties Of Thermoplastic Material That Makes Its Preferred Choice
Author: Michael Luis
11. Documents Needed For Estate Planning
Author: Leon A. Elwell
12. Build A Feature-rich Live Streaming Platform With An Exemplary Periscope Clone Solution
13. Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund
14. Kotak Fmp Series 286 – 1355 Days Nfo Details
15. Copper Sulphate - Guidelines To Safety And First Aid Procedures
Author: Khushi Group