ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Cover Every Base During New Vehicle Specification Process
Specifying new Class 8 trucks with the latest technology requires hundreds of decisions about everything from the impact of new technology on preventive maintenance programs to the choice of components that will make the vehicle driver-friendly. One great resource for this complex decision-making is the local truck dealer, while another is a third-party service provider who can help get the specs right, said Jim Sweeney, Vice President of Capital Equipment for AmeriQuest Transportation Services in a blog posting.
"Improving a fleet's operations used to be the fleet manager's top priority," Sweeney said. "But adhering to government directives has trumped that. Technology like SCR, the emissions reduction system, comes with a high price tag and can have a big impact on the acquisition cost of the vehicle."
Sweeney noted that, while natural gas-powered vehicles currently make up less than 1% of the nation's heavy duty trucks, some fleet managers are considering adding them to the fleets because of the low fuel cost and the availability of government funding that a growing number of states is providing. He also pointed ...
... out that the current driver shortage should also play a factor in specifying new trucks. "A driver-friendly vehicle can be the key difference in the campaign to attract qualified drivers," he said.
Jim Sweeney's blog, posted on the AmeriQuest Transportation Services Website, discusses several more factors that should or could impact Class 8 truck specifications. The entire blog can be viewed at http://blog.ameriquestcorp.com/cover-every-base-during-new-vehicle-specification-process/.
About AmeriQuest Transportation Services
AmeriQuest, headquartered in Cherry Hill, NJ, is a leading provider of comprehensive fleet management services. By leveraging the strength of more than 700,000 vehicles, AmeriQuest delivers savings, expertise, and opportunities to its private fleet and truckload carrier members. AmeriQuest provides supply management services, asset management services, material handling services, financing, technology products, and outsourced transportation management services such as full service leasing, integrated logistics, and contract maintenance. More information can be found at ameriquestcorp.com/transportation/.
Automobiles Articles1. Apollo Car Tyre Prices
Author: APOLLO Car Tyre Prices
2. Exploring The World With Two Wheels: Birdy Bicycle Travel Case And New Birdy Standard 9 Speed
3. Understanding Expulsion Truck Rental With Mobile Truck Rental
Author: Damien Alcock
4. Moving Truck Rental Solution For You
Author: Damien Alcock
5. Create A Positive Work Ambiance With Corporate Taxi Service!
Author: Elijah Peters
6. List Of Things To Remember While Buying A New Bike
Author: Levi Fysh
7. Why Should You Need An Obd2 Scanning Tool For Your Vehicle?
Author: Hamish Crotty
8. Ensure To Get The Best Performance From Vw Repairs
Author: Oliver Mertin
9. Smarttop Convertible Top Control For The 2024 Chevrolet Corvette Now Available
Author: Mods4cars LLC
10. Affordable Calgary Car Shipping Solutions By Auto Carrier Corp
Author: Auto Carrier Corp
11. Lessons That Only Driving Schools Can Provide
Author: Eleanor Thompson
12. Explore High-quality Japanese Used Trucks In Japan With Fareena Corporation Japan
Author: Fareena Corporation Japan
13. Why Must Iraq Companies Be Gmp Certified?
14. Rev Your Ride: How A Car Spray Painter Can Transform Your Vehicle
15. Understanding The Importance Of Suspension Bushings In Off-road Vehicles
Author: PS Bushings