ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
Florida Strawberries: The Best In The Us
Although people often think of oranges, grapefruits and other citrus crops when they think of Florida grown produce, the Florida strawberry is actually by far one of the sunshine state’s shining stars when it comes to agriculture. Florida ranks second in the U.S. for strawberry crops (behind California) and the states mild winter climate allows it to produce nearly one hundred percent of the nation’s winter strawberry supply.
The Florida strawberry season lasts from December through May, with its peak being in March and April. The Florida Strawberry Growers Association estimates that, assuming every plant is picked twice a week, the FL strawberry harvest produces a total of 6.5 billion strawberries every winter. Wish Farms and other Florida strawberry growers work year round preparing the ground, pre-planting and making sure all conditions are right to produce perfect berries.
Although there is an on-going battle between Floridians and Californians as far as who has the best strawberries, many attest to the fact that FL strawberries are the sweetest, juiciest and healthiest of the strawberry crops. Wish Farms ...
... and their fellow Florida strawberry growers, pride themselves on growing the best and tastiest strawberries in the nation. Wish Farms Florida strawberry grower is one of the largest producers of Florida strawberries in the state, as well as a thought leader when it comes to producing berries that are as healthy and delicious.
Wish Farms strawberries are picked at peak ripeness and tout a unique program which they developed that ensures the highest standards in food safety and traceability. All their growers must abide by strict quality control guidelines to ensure that every Wish Farms strawberry on the market is top of the line.
In addition to being delicious, Florida strawberries are full of many important and beneficial nutrients that contribute to a healthy diet. Florida strawberries are an excellent source of vitamins C and B, as well as, essential minerals potassium and magnesium. Research has shown that Florida strawberries can help improve your overall health, immune system and even fight cancer and heart disease.
Part of the magic to finding and buying the best florida strawberries is knowing when to buy them and how to store them to keep them fresh. Once Florida strawberries are picked they do not continue to ripen, so they should always be refrigerated. Berries should be washed only right before eating since washing the berries in advance and re-refrigerating can speed up their breakdown. The best way to keep berries long-term of course is to freeze them. Florida strawberries freeze well and will be ready and waiting, sweet and delicious when you are ready to eat.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. How Hiring A Caterer Can Make Your Celebration A Success
Author: Guy Pindar
2. What Is So Special About Georgian Wine?
Author: Tatiana Zakaidze
3. Are Raisins Good For You?
4. Flip Through The Perks Of Having Biryani In Your Plate!
5. Make Your Corporate Event Memorable With The Best Corporate Catering Services In Houston
Author: Brian Daoud
6. Polar King International, Inc. Will Be Demonstrating Refrigerated Storage Solutions At The 2021 Rfma Annual Conference
7. Are You Looking For Good Restaurants In Castel Hill? Here’s What You Need To Consider
Author: Peter Kats
8. How To Plan A Perfect Surprise Birthday Party For My Friend?
Author: Peter Kats
9. Why Choose Natural When It Comes To Energy Drinks?
Author: Anthony Davidson
10. New Tredns Of Food Delivery Service | Midnight Chef
Author: Shiv Kapoor
11. Top Precautions To Take While Visiting Any Restaurant In This Pandemic
Author: Backbone Bar
12. How Are Grass Fed Meats Benefitting Your Physical Health?
Author: Mary Slanker
13. Pea Starch Market To Witness Unprecedented Growth In Coming Years
14. Throwing A Party? Serve Italian Finger And Party Foods
Author: Con Koutroumbas
15. What Are The Benefits Of Eating Raisins?