ALL >> Search-Engine-Optimization >> View Article
Say No To Forum Spamming
When you are speaking with children, repeating yourself may sometimes be the key to getting yourself heard and understood. But you're not speaking to children when you're posting the same message over and over in forums, are you? Since you're not, isn't it safe to conclude that such tactics won't work? Worse, they can even backfire on you! Here are five good reasons to avoid spamming in forums.
It Annoys Moderators
Spamming is considered a blackhat SEO technique, and most, if not all, forum moderators do not tolerate it. Other forum members are sure to report you and when a moderator finally takes notice, you'll certainly have your membership suspended if not revoked immediately and permanently.
There are several reasons why spamming will annoy moderators. Firstly, it's their job to keep other members happy and what you're doing is the opposite. You are, therefore, giving them extra trouble to deal with. Secondly, spamming consumes web space and web space costs money. Spamming also makes use of bandwidth, and that costs money, too. By spamming, you are forcing moderators to spend money on something they ...
... don't consider acceptable.
It Irritates Other Members
Again, there are plenty reasons why forum members aren't happy with your spamming. First of all, these people consider your messages a waste of time. By posting the same message over and over, you force them to spend precious seconds on just scrolling the window until they reach a message that you haven't posted.
You also make back reading difficult for them. Instead of being able to read all the information they need from one page, you force them to load a new one just to get to the next important message.
Once members realize that you are knowingly practicing spamming, they won't take your actions lying down. Besides reporting you to moderators, they can also submit your name to concerned agencies that are against unlawful and undesirable Internet marketing tactics. They can also spread the word about your not-so-nice marketing techniques and before you know it, you'll be banned from every forum in the Internet.
It Doesn't Work
Adults are different from children. They're already smart and mature enough to understand a simple lesson at the first try. Repeating the same message over and over, as it is, is unnecessary.
Now, if you're practicing spamming in hopes of convincing people to try out your product or service, you're going about the wrong way, too. To convince a person, repetition is not needed. Instead, you need to give people different reasons to change their minds. The more reasons you give them, the greater chances you'll have of convincing them to see things your way. But if you stubbornly sticking to one reason then you'll achieve nothing.
Forum Marketing Strategies to Replace Spamming
You should be convinced by now of the utter futility of spamming in forums. Don't wait till your online business collapse before you decide to change your ways. Use a different – not to mention legitimate – technique now and you won't regret it.
To help you get started, consider providing valuable contribution that showcases your expertise. Choose questions that you can answer as an “expert”. Get to know other people in the forum and build relationships with them. Post your link in your profile page and signature. Last but not the least, use a cool username to get more attention!
Search Engine Optimization Articles1. Cloaking In Seo It's Uses And Benefits
Author: Robert William
2. Get Maximum Roi With Ansun Internationals As Affordable Seo Company In Usa
Author: Ansun Internationals
3. Looking For Top Travel Seo Services & Agencies In Usa 2024
4. Mastering The Art Of Inbound Marketing: Strategies For Success
Author: Adam Scott
5. Unlocking Success: The Role Of Seo Services In Online Growth
Author: Zib Digital
6. Competitive Advantage: How Hiring An Seo Marketing Agency Sets Your Business Apart From The Rest
Author: Rank Local
7. Oakville's Leading Web Development Firm: Elevate Your Brand With Marketingrow
8. "party Time: Birthday Invitation Party Templates To Set The Mood!"
Author: crafty art
9. Unveiling Best It Outsourcing Services In Usa: Driving Innovation And Efficiency
Author: Ansun Consulting
10. How Seo Is Invaluable For Your Business
Author: Nivedita Infosystem LLP
11. Mastering Competitor Tracking In The Digital Era: Essential Tools, Techniques, And Tips For Success
12. Enhancing Seo With Social Signals: The Intersection Of Social Media And Search Engine Optimization
Author: Adam Scott
13. Your Digital Marketing Journey: A Comprehensive Guide For Beginners
Author: InfyQ Seo Experts
14. The Importance Of Hotel Seo For Boosting Online Visibility
Author: Steven Smith
15. Trends And Strategies Of Digital Marketing By The Best Digital Marketing Agency In Allahabad
Author: ritik chaurasia