ALL >> Family >> View Article
Why So Many Couples Seek Marriage Counseling: Raleigh, Nc
Coping with the stresses of life can be taxing on relationships, even the seemingly indestructible ones. Sometimes negative relationship patterns can develop, even after years of stability. These situations can make people feel confused and hurt, feelings that can take hold and escalate over time unless they're addressed via effective communication. When communication breaks down, anger and frustration often takes over, and this is where many relationships begin a downward spiral. If couples aren't able to repair broken relationships on their own, one solution is marriage counseling.
Raleigh, NC has a host of great therapists that specialize in individual and couples counseling. If you live in the area, you should have no problem finding marriage counselors that you and your spouse would be comfortable with.
Research outcomes on couples counseling suggest the following:
* 75% of couples that have received couples counseling are better off than similar couples who did not receive therapy.
* 65% of couples report "significant" improvement based on averaged marital "satisfaction" scores.
* While most couples benefit from therapy, both spouses don't necessarily experience the same benefits or outcomes.
* Therapies that produce and maintain the greatest gain over a long period of time tend to affect a couple's emotional bonds and help the spouses work together to achieve a greater level of emotional maturity or "differentiation." *
With the aid of qualified marriage counselors, couples can bring communication, stability and peace back into the relationship. That is not to say that these things aren't achievable in the absence of couples counseling, but couples who seek therapy tend to have a better chance of surviving as a healthy unit than struggling couples that do not. Couples that experience problems typically do so because the individuals that make up the unit are experiencing their own issues. Couples counseling is based on the idea that individual problems are best handled within the context of the relationship. When there is resentment, repetitive arguments, distance or emptiness, or anger in the relationship as a result of the issues both parties are bringing to the table, seeking therapy as a unit can be highly effective.
The great thing about the age we live in is that there is no stigma that goes along with couples facing their problems in a healthy and productive manner, like marriage counseling. Raleigh, NC is home to many young and old couples, of all different backgrounds and walks of life. Right here in your own town, lots of couples are finding absolutely no shame in improving their relationships with the help of the many qualified marriage counselors the city has to offer.
* Center for Addiction and Mental Health. Couple therapy: Factors influencing a couple's relationship. Available at www.camh.net/about_addiction_mental_health/couple_therapy_factors.html
Family Articles1. Essential Things That You Need To Buy For Your Baby
2. Why Are Toys Important In Childhood Development?
3. 10 Important Reasons For Taking Care Of Elderly Parents
4. 16 Secrets For A Happy Marriage
5. A Guide On How To Play With A Beyblade
6. Which Are The 5 Must-have Beach Toys For Kids?
7. Which Are The Best Kids Musical Instruments?
8. How Are Toys Important In Childhood Development?
9. 7 Advantages Of Playing With Lego Toys
10. Article Submission Steps
Author: asd dsa
11. 3 Ways To Keep You From Biting Your Nails
Author: Rama Rajuu
12. Best Exercise For Bladder Incontinence For Urinary Incontinence
13. What Are The Benefits Of Buying Remote Control Toys For Kids?
14. 9 Maternity Wardrobe Staples For Pregnant Women
Author: Darfashan Parveen
15. What Causes Hearing Loss In The Elderly?
Author: Barbara Knox