ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Things To Do During A Weekend Layover In Dublin
Dublin, the capital of the Republic of Ireland, is one of the most vibrant cities in Europe. The place derives its name from the Irish meaning for the phrase “Black Pool”. Dublin was originally founded to serve as a Viking settlement. Hence, with a history that goes back to early medieval times, the city presents an interesting mix of history and culture. Let us now try to find out what a weekend in Dublin can offer to visitors.
The very name Temple Bar is sure to remind you of unsavory stories. However, contrary to popular belief, the place qualifies as one of the most approachable and tourist friendly neighborhoods inside Dublin. From old buildings to art, galleries to cafes- name it and Temple Bar has it. Apart from a range of roadside cafes, the place also houses the only art house in Dublin.
You just cannot afford to spend an entire weekend in Dublin without a single sip from a chilly glass of Guinness. In addition, for the best drinks in town, do visit Kehoe’s. The ambience inside the bar has an old world charm about it, with exquisite wooden furnishings ensuring that you spend a gala time drinking and chatting up.
If your idea of an old castle was restricted to tureens, dungeons and old towers, then visit the Dublin castle for a change in opinion. The Record Tower, covering the area of two courtyards, now hosts events and state functions. The magnificent interiors stand testimony to the Irish excellence in architecture.
For added fun during Dublin weekends, head straight to the Porterhouse. The oldest microbrewery in town is a place where you can taste a plethora of different beer varieties followed by a heart meal of Irish stew, mash, bangers and Oyster Stout. What better way can be there than to spend the Dublin weekends indulging in Gourmet trips?
Last but not the least, pull the curtains on your majestic weekend in Dublin by experiencing a game of Rugby Live. The Six Nation Tournament is ideally the one you should try to get tickets. In addition, in case you miss the opportunity, compensate for it by catching a domestic game at Croke Park.
Travel Articles1. Enjoy The Exciting Holiday At Wildlife Terrestrial Region
Author: Karibu Africa Safaris
2. What Should You Know About Before Going Africa Wildlife Safari?
Author: Karibu Africa Safaris
3. Nevada Beach – Fun Attraction For Families With Great Campground And Swimming Options
Author: Peter Filip
4. Hire The Area’s Leading Limousine Service At Most Affordable Price
5. Hire Cheap Buckhurst Hill Taxis Directly Online
6. Delta Airlines Cancellation Policy
Author: chris Martin
7. Incredible India Tours
Author: Bespoke India Holidays
8. What Is Alaska Airlines Cancellation Policy?
9. How Can I Change Or Cancel My Reservation With Spirit Airlines?
Author: john Carlos
10. 10 Things You Should Know About Diwali Celebration
11. Australia – The Safest Country To Dwell In 2021
12. 6 Reasons To Hire Dfw Limo For You Dfw Airport & Dfw Metroplex Frisco
Author: Harries Starner
13. Enjoy Your Stay In Furnished Apartments In San Diego
Author: Patrick Lauren
14. How To Plan Your Yacht Expedition For A Beautiful Experience
15. What Should Be Your Expectations When Renting Private Yacht