ALL >> Real-Estate-and-Foreclosure >> View Article
Buying A Home In Pittsburgh
One of the most vibrant and culturally distinctive cities in the United States, Pittsburgh beckons job seekers and home buyers from across the country with its strong healthcare and technology industries. From 19th-century North Side townhouses to modern downtown lofts to gorgeous single-family homes in the hills of Mount Washington, there are hundreds of homes for sale in Pittsburgh and beyond at any given time. The booming Allegheny county real estate market offers opportunities both for investors interested in up-and-coming neighborhoods like Shadyside and suburban Mount Lebanon.
A Unique Cityscape
Pittsburgh's unique topography makes it an exciting place to search for homes to buy. Nicknamed the "Golden Triangle," its central business district sits on a flat, triangular strip of land at the confluence of the Allegheny and Monongahela Rivers, which combine to form the mighty Ohio River. This is the flattest part of the city, boasting some of the most valuable Pittsburgh real estate available. Hundreds of new loft conversions have sprung up in the disused warehouses and other commercial spaces here during the ...
... past two decades, attracting a cadre of young families looking to live closer to the city's biggest employment cluster.
A number of historic neighborhoods radiate outward from the Triangle. Most of the homes for sale in Pittsburgh are located in vibrant inner neighborhoods like the South Side, where average home prices have appreciated by 50 percent over the past decade as new commercial development has revitalized the area. Southside Works, a popular multi-use development that repurposes former steel mills on the neighborhood's industrial waterfront, has provided a serious boost to the Pittsburgh real estate market as it continues to expand along the river.
Education and Information
Pittsburgh suffers from its long-running association with the American steel industry, which fell on hard times during the 1970s and never really recovered. Because of this, outsiders mistakenly assume that Pittsburgh has fallen on hard times. Of course, that couldn't be farther from the truth. The greater Allegheny County real estate market has been booming for years thanks to a steady influx of healthcare, robotics and information technology companies.
These new industries have had particular influence on the city's East Side, forming a jobs-rich technology cluster near the campuses of the University of Pittsburgh and Carnegie Mellon University. Many of the most desirable homes for sale in Pittsburgh can be found in this area, and their prices reflect it. Then again, the city's quality-of-life rankings and excellent job opportunities guarantee that any Pittsburgh neighborhood is a great choice for homebuyers.
The author has an immense knowledge on Allegheny county real estate. Know more about homes for sale in Pittsburgh related info in his website.
Real Estate and Foreclosure Articles1. Why Should You Turn To Granny Flat Builders In Sydney?
Author: Sarah Addyson
2. Why Real Estate Investment Is Better Than The Stock Market?
3. How To Find The Best 2 Bhk Flats In Sarjapur Road For Sale By Grc Infra
4. Premium Apartments In Budigere Cross For Sale By Aratt Cityscapes
Author: Aratt Cityscapes
5. Property Management Service
6. What Are The Different Types Of Property Assets?
Author: Propertyasset Planning
7. 5 Home Renovations That May Not Boost Your Home's Value When Selling
Author: Sell House Fast
8. Houses For Sale In Annapolis Valley For A Healthy Living
Author: Rick Lopez
9. How To Find The Best 2 Bhk Luxury Apartments In Bangalore East?
Author: Aratt Alchemy One
10. Ready To Move In Apartments Sarjapur Road With The Best Amenities - Grc Infra
11. Mumbai Residential Market Trend
Author: Roha Realty
12. How To Find Villas In Bangalore Like Mims Northdale?
Author: MIMS Northdale
13. What Should You Expect From New Home Builders?
Author: Long Island Home
14. Guelph Homes For Sale At A Low Cost Budget
Author: Rick Lopez
15. Solana Beach Property Management Is Best Done By A Well-established Reputable Local Management Company With Intimate Knowledge Of The Area, The Econom
Author: Lofty Property Management