ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Buying A Yacht Simplified
Buying a yacht is not as simple as playing Hide & Seek. There are technicalities to be considered, terminologies to understand and research to be undertaken if one doesn’t want to feel like a dunce after two-three months of purchase. Taking into account so many things could even baffle the mind of sailing enthusiasts; leave the new bees in the sailing world. Therefore a word or two from a professional could always come handy.
Now, who else could fit the description of a yacht pro if not John Rosatti. The old man has been in the business of yacht charter long enough to lend a word or two. In a recent email interview, he simplified ‘buying a yacht’ so much that even a ten year old could close a deal after going through the article! Below are some of the excerpts.
First thing, says John Rosatti, one needs to decide on is that what type of machine one requires. Now, there are two types of yachts; motor and sailing. ...
... While sailing yacht requires more skill and is less spacious, motor yachts can do with less experience, are enormous and could touch higher speeds without much effort.
Second thing that needs to be kept in mind is what size fits you. Now, everyone has a different circle of close friends and family and usually, size of yacht varies according to that. If all the company you require is of your sweetheart and kids, the smaller version would do. But if the guest list is huge and you like to carry your ‘stuff’ on the go, bigger ones have the space.
Thirdly, one has to choose from a brand new sailing machine to a tried and tested older one. A new one usually takes some months to get ready after order is placed while deal of a used yacht could be closed in less time. If buying a used yacht, as the case with any old machine, one has to be extra carefully. Hull is one of the most important parts of any floating boat. A hull chiseled by a skilled workman is high on safety, stability and strength. There are a number of techniques of hull construction viz. Sheet Plywood, Strip Planking, Fiberglass, steel and Wood Epoxy Saturation Technique.
In case of used yachts, one can also ask whether the boat had any unfortunate accidental history and also when was the last time it was inspected for navigation safety.
From the aspect of safety, having Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons, GPS and other related marine navigation safety devices is very important if one doesn’t wish to get lost in the blues!
While this much is what John Rosatti mentioned during the interview, don’t forget to explore more before placing the order for the yacht because it always pays not to haste before a big investment.
Travel Articles1. Australian Immigration Consultants In Dubai
Author: Vihan Jain
2. Handy Tips To Make Your Long Distance Move Run Smoother - Packers And Movers Vadodara
Author: packers and movers vadodara
3. How To Manage Your Flight With Eva Air Booking?
Author: Poal Mann
4. Collect All Details About Your Honeymoon Package In Advance!
Author: Manali Volvo Packages
5. What Is The Cancellation Policy Of United Airlines?
Author: Poal Mann
6. The Aspects To Know Before Venturing Out For A Deep-sea Fishing Holidays Trip In Dubai
Author: Mr Safnas
7. Benefits Of Booking Weekend Trips Online
Author: Shaily Ahuja
8. North Coast Holiday Rentals Will Give You The Best Prices
Author: Ketria Curtis
9. Get Your Best Deal With Emirates Airline?
Author: lakshit kumar
10. Tirupati Balaji Tour Packages From Chennai – Get Darshan Of The Divine
Author: TIRUPATI BALAJI DARSHAN TRAVELS
11. Advantages Of Hiring Minibus For Your Ride At Affordable Price
Author: Cape Town Shuttle Services
12. Top Amenities For Rv Campgrounds
Author: Youngan A
13. Seven Expectations Having Jfk To Long Island Car Service From Reputed Transport Organization
Author: All Island Car And Limo Services
14. 4 Essential Tips For Cooking Meals On Your Charter Boat
Author: Andrew Bain
15. Các Dòng Máy ảnh Canon (travel Camera) Nên Mua