ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Alternative To Dealing With Airline Bags
Some travelers discover that after finding cheap travel deals such as cheap airplane tickets and discount hotel rooms or cheap vacation packages that the only part of the trip they tend to dread is the hassle of handling luggage to be checked on planes.
Passengers have to wait in lines to check their bags, then pay for the privilege, sometimes discover that the bags did not make it to the correct destination, that the airline may have no idea where the bags are, and finally if lost, that airlines refuse to accept responsibility (i.e.
paying) for lost valuables including electronics, jewelry, and many other items that may be costly to replace.
An alternative to paying for checked bags, whose fees seem to keep climbing, is to ship your luggage in advance. Depending on what you are shipping, it may be cheaper to ship it in advance and you can insure your belongs as well as track your shipment.
The following are suggestions as to how to avoid delays and unnecessary hassles when shipping your bags:
• When shipping your belongings to a hotel or company make certain you have the correct shipping address which sometimes is different than the address on their website. When calling where you want your bags shipped ask:
1. For the correct shipping address
2. Whether they will accept shipped luggage
3. Whether your bags will be stored in a secure place
4. Whether there is a fee to receive and/or store your bags
• Be aware of the importance of packing your bags correctly. If an item is not packed properly, it may not be insured for damage. Shippers such as FedEx offer boxes specially designed to protect items such as laptops or cell phones.
• While shipping companies may offer money back guarantees on packages that arrive late, this does not necessarily mean that you will receive a full refund. You need to ask up front what your refund will be in the event of a delay.
• You should to be particularly careful when filling out international documents for shipping. If your shipment has faulty documentation or is missing customs forms, your luggage could be held up or you may be charged with unnecessarily high custom fees. Before leaving your bags, confirm with the shipping company whether your paperwork is filled out completely and correctly.
• Make certain that you provide your shipment enough time to get to your destination. December is one of the busiest months for shipping companies. FedEx advises shipping before December 17th for arrival by Christmas Eve if you choose the FedEx Ground option, which is less expensive.
• To be on the safe side, pack your luggage in as small a box or boxes as possible, as large boxes are often the first to be set aside if there is not enough space.
Travel Articles1. West Croydon Minicabs & Airport Transfer | 02086864545 | Cabhoo Minicabs Croydon.
2. Bachelor Or Bachelorette Parties In San Antonio With A Cheap Limo Service Near Me
Author: Limo Service DC
3. Things You Must Know Before Moving To New Zealand
Author: Sumit Goyal
4. Get Rid Of Your Travel Woes By Hiring Air Charter Services
Author: Club One Air
5. Kheerganga Trek An Exquisite Walk In Hiamalayas
Author: Karandeep Singh
6. Swaraj Mazda Hire In Bangalore || Swaraj Mazda Rentals In Bangalore || 09019944459
7. Hot Air Balloon Ride In Tennessee- An Incredible Holiday And Travel Destination
Author: Robert Jason
8. United Airlines Reservations Official Site
9. Best Rent A Car Services In Islamabad
Author: Pak Car Rentals
10. Places To Visit In North America By Considering Spirit Airlines Reservations
Author: Chrish Smith
11. Gai Jatra – A Journey Of The City And Heavens
Author: Nepa Booking
12. 10 Essential Tips To Know Before Taking The Kailash Mansarovar Yatra
13. Exotic India Wildlife Tours With Bespoke India Holidays
14. Know Everything About The Grand Canyon Of India
Author: Liamtra Travellers
15. The One Day Picnic Resort Around Bangalore
Author: Rohan Kumar