ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Different Types Of Shade Blinds
Slat blinds: These blinds have numerous flat horizontal slats, which are joined with string so that they can be rotated. This allows light to pass between the slats. To keep the light out, they can be rotated up to 170 degrees, or to clear the window they can be pulled up. By pulling a cord or rotating a connector which is attached to the string, the rotation can be achieved, and a different string is used for the raising and lowering of the blinds. There are other versions where both the mechanisms are combined into one single rod. Slat blinds include:
o Venetian blinds: Introduced in Venice, these blinds are composed of plastic or metal, and sometimes even timber slats are used, which are known as timber blinds or bamboo blinds. The width of the slat ranges between 60-130 mm.
o Vertical blinds or track blinds: These blinds use plastic or metal horizontal slats which can be rotated ninety degrees to allow the light to come in, or can be folded to the side for a clear view through the window.
o Timber blinds: The slats used are composed of decorative timber or bamboo, which are woven together using colourful ...
... yarns or other decorative material. These blinds can be rolled up or folded out of the way. They are energy efficient, have better light control, and are inexpensive alternatives to shutters.
o Pleated shades: These blinds consist of pleated cloth shades which can be pulled up to the top of the window.
o Cellular shade blinds: They are similar to pleated shades, but here there are two or more joined together at the pleats forming compartments to trap air, thus giving the room insulation to save on your energy bills. Cellular shades come in various styles, such as double and triple cell styles.
While installing your blinds, you should see to it that the blinds are unhindered such that when it is fully extended, it can still hang without restraint. It is necessary to slice the blinds to make them fit in the windows. You have to calculate the width and length appropriately before slicing the blinds. Choose cellular shades with privacy backing to keep outsiders from looking into your windows.
Author Bio –
Home and Garden Articles1. Things To Consider When Buying A Patio Heater
Author: Climate Australia
2. What Is The Best Product For Deck - Wood Or Other Materials?
Author: Hunter Ward
3. Get Familiar With Different Types Of Landscape Services
Author: Lucinda Selleck
4. What To Look For In A Commercial Carpenter?
Author: William Lawton
5. Common Mistakes You May Do While Finding A Carpenter
Author: Noah Flowers
6. Hiring Commercial Plasterers With The Affordable Plaster Supplies
Author: Cody Dugdale
7. Know The Importance Of Waterproofing
Author: Harry Forde
8. Interior Painting Tips That You Will Find Amazing In Your New House
Author: George Babbage
9. What To Consider When You Are Opting For Decking Solutions?
Author: Wirral Flagging
10. When Should You Get Worried About Asbestos?
Author: Taj Elisha
11. Roof Tilers And Their Understanding Of The Tiling Work
Author: Tyler Gowlland
12. Most Efficient House Cleaning Tips You Must Know
Author: Brayden Burdekin
13. Buy Microwave Oven Online And Bring The Latest Technology Inside Your Kitchen
Author: Prajwal Prakash
14. Factors That You Should Consider Before You Move Into Any Property!
Author: Adam Jeffcott
15. Why You Need To Be Aware About Building Regulations?
Author: Garry Stacks