ALL >> Business >> View Article
Demand For Fulfilment Services May Have Risen In December
Firms are increasingly realising the benefits of making use of fulfilment services as a way of meeting their obligations to consumers. Indeed, in December demand for fulfilment provisions, including the storage of goods and their delivery to consumers, may have been particularly strong.
According to the Confederation of British Industry (CBI), the first two weeks of the month saw a rise in sales volumes. This was the first increase in seven months, the organisation noted.
In its Distributive Trades Survey, it noted that 41 per cent of firms it polled noted that sales had risen compared with a year before, while 32 per cent reported a fall. This resulted in a positive balance of nine per cent.
However, there was a mixed picture across different sectors, suggesting that any increase in demand for fulfilment services may have been limited to certain types of enterprise.
For example, grocers saw their sales volumes rise during this period, as did companies selling recreational goods such as sports equipment, toys and games. However, firms specialising in the sale of big ticket durable household goods ...
... like washing machines and fridges registered falling sales.
Responding to the findings, the CBI's Judith McKenna said: "Early discounting helped retailers add a little extra sparkle to their sales in December, although the reprieve appears to only be temporary."
Trading conditions remain tough in the UK and many other countries at present. Therefore, it is particularly important for organisations to ensure they are operating as efficiently as possible. As part of this, it is vital that they find the most competitive providers of fulfilment assistance around. By achieving this, they can save themselves money.
Thankfully, these days it is easy to find superb providers of such services that are not only great value, but also offer top-quality assistance that can be relied upon.
The Article is written by www.ilguk.com providing Fulfillment and Fulfilment Services. Visit http://www.ilguk.com for more information on www.ilguk.com Products and Services___________________________Copyright information This article is free for reproduction but must be reproduced in its entirety, including live links and this copyright statement must be included. Visit www.ilguk.com for more services!
Business Articles1. Everything You Need To Know To About Heavy-duty Floor Mats La
Author: eps america
2. Why Credit Repair Fort Lauderdale Is Important To Keep Up In Life?
Author: New Generational Wealth Solutions
3. Ad Serving Strategies For A High Inflation Environment (part 2)
Author: Watson F
4. Insoluble Dietary Fiber Is Expected To Remain The Largest Segment In The Global Dietary Fiber Market
Author: Lucintel LLC
5. Olive Swan, The Feminine Princess, Releases Her 37th Book, Feminine Rhythm
6. The Difference Between Confetti Socks And Winged Socks
Author: Tanja Filipovska
7. Importance Of Hi-vis Vests For Construction Workers
Author: industrial safety gear
8. Sales Of Evaporative Condensing Unit To Hit 1.61 Billion Usd By 2026; Covid-19 Pandemic Unlocks New Opportunities, Opines A Mnm Study
Author: Jack Martin
9. Lucintel Forecasts Connected Truck Market To Grow At A Cagr Of 15% From 2019 To 2024
Author: Lucintel LLC
10. Route 32 Auctions' Country Store & More Auction, May 20-21, Will Be Online And In Crawfordsville, In
Author: Tiffany Cosby
11. The Leading Industries And Suppliers In Construction Chemical Solutions
12. Guide On Mental Math And Its Importance
Author: Satjit kumar
13. 12 Ways To Effectively Promote A New Product Or Service - Ossisto
14. Automotive Turbochargers Sector Analysis
15. Canadian Mint Silver & Gold Coins | Bold Precious Metals
Author: BOLD Precious Metals