ALL >> Travel >> View Article
$63 Billion Faa Bill Agreed Upon
The availability of cheap fares, whether cheap airplane tickets or cheap vacation packages was not hindered when the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) long term operating authority expired in 2007.
However its ability to make major decisions on major acquisition programs that extend over many years, such as air traffic modernization was hindered by uncertainty over how much it could spend and a lack of direction from Congress.
Since 2007 there have been a series of 23 short term extensions of FAA’s operating authority.
With the new $63 billion bill, the FAA should enjoy four years of stability.
The bill includes compromises on several controversial issues that split lawmakers along party lines and by region, including air service subsidies for rural communities, safety regulation of cargo shipments of lithium batteries, and rules governing the formation of airline and railroad unions.
Key portions of the new bill cover:
• Funding for the Next Generation air traffic modernization program at around $1 billion per year, about the same as the past two years. The FAA is moving its air traffic control system from one that is based on World War II era radar technology to one based on GPS technology.
• Slightly reducing (by $10 million to $190 million) the annual subsidy on air service to rural communities. Subsidies for service to communities that are within 175 miles of a hub airport and average under 10 passengers a day over the course of a year will lose service. If this criterion was applied today, about 12 communities would lose subsidized service. No new communities will be allowed to enter the program.
• Granting the FAA authority to impose emergency regulations on lithium battery shipments if the agency can demonstrate that the batteries are responsible for a fire in flight.
Airline passenger rights advocates were disappointed that the new FAA bill did not include a provision legislating a three hour limit on runway delays as well as other passenger protections.
Travel Articles1. West Croydon Minicabs & Airport Transfer | 02086864545 | Cabhoo Minicabs Croydon.
2. Bachelor Or Bachelorette Parties In San Antonio With A Cheap Limo Service Near Me
Author: Limo Service DC
3. Things You Must Know Before Moving To New Zealand
Author: Sumit Goyal
4. Get Rid Of Your Travel Woes By Hiring Air Charter Services
Author: Club One Air
5. Kheerganga Trek An Exquisite Walk In Hiamalayas
Author: Karandeep Singh
6. Swaraj Mazda Hire In Bangalore || Swaraj Mazda Rentals In Bangalore || 09019944459
7. Hot Air Balloon Ride In Tennessee- An Incredible Holiday And Travel Destination
Author: Robert Jason
8. United Airlines Reservations Official Site
9. Best Rent A Car Services In Islamabad
Author: Pak Car Rentals
10. Places To Visit In North America By Considering Spirit Airlines Reservations
Author: Chrish Smith
11. Gai Jatra – A Journey Of The City And Heavens
Author: Nepa Booking
12. 10 Essential Tips To Know Before Taking The Kailash Mansarovar Yatra
13. Exotic India Wildlife Tours With Bespoke India Holidays
14. Know Everything About The Grand Canyon Of India
Author: Liamtra Travellers
15. The One Day Picnic Resort Around Bangalore
Author: Rohan Kumar