ALL >> Health >> View Article
Home Remedies For Varicose Veins, Effective Natural Treatment
Veins which are abnormally enlarged and appear to be bluish and swollen are known as varicose veins. Some of the common factors which may cause varicose veins are lack of exercise, pregnancy, obesity, injury, excessive weight, prolonged constipation and long standing periods. Some of the symptoms of varicose veins may include fatigue, swelling, leg cramps, restlessness, leg sores, itching and feeling of heaviness in the legs.
There are several home remedies for varicose veins which are simple to use and effective when tried in a proper manner. Some of the popular home remedies are:
1. One of the simplest home remedies for varicose veins is to eat proper diet with plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables and fish. Also try to avoid food rich in carbohydrates and fats.
2. Juice fast is also one of the effective home remedies for varicose veins. All you need to do is consume juice for four to five days without having any other meal. During this period take warm water enema which will help in cleansing the bowels and will prevent constipation. After your juice fast is over try to stick to a strict ...
... diet plan. For breakfasts drink orange or lemon juice, for lunch consume salads with olive oil and lemon juice, and for dinner try eating steamed vegetables like cabbage, spinach, cauliflowers, carrots and turnip. Remember not to consume any starchy food such as potatoes and bread.
3. Hot and cold hip bath is also very helpful in treating this problem. All you need to do is take hot and cold hip bath on daily basis. Or you can even try applying cold pack or spraying cold water on the affected area. Mud pack is equally beneficial in treating varicose veins. Apply mudpack before sleeping and allow it to stay there till morning.
4. Daily consume lots of cherries and blackberries. They can be very beneficial in treating varicose veins and will ease the symptoms.
5. You can even try practicing yoga on daily basis. Yoga postures such as gomukhasana, shalabhasana, sirshasana, viparitakarni, padmasana, vajrasana and sarvangasana are very helpful in reducing the pressure on the veins by draining the blood from the legs.
6. Apple cider vinegar is also another effective home remedy. Apply apple cider vinegar on the affected area two to three times in a day on daily basis. This will be very helpful in treating varicose veins.
7. Almond oil and vitamin E oil when mixed and applied on the affected area can prove to be very effective for curing this problem. All you need to do is take little quantities of both the oils and mix them. Now massage the affected area with this mixture. It is recommended to massage daily for better results.
8. While watching television or reading books it is a good practice to rest your legs on a stool or chair in elevated position. This will reduce the pressure from your veins and help in treating the symptoms.
These were some of the effective home remedies which are simple to use, cost-effective and safe to try at home without any side effects.
Read more Home Remedies for Varicose Veins. Also know useful Home Remedies for Tooth Pain. Read effective Home Remedies for Toothache.
Health Articles1. How Much Do Dentures Cost?
2. Who Undergoes A Gall Bladder Surgery
3. Best Cancer Specialist In Undri Pune Dr. Lalit Banswal
Author: Dr Lalit Banswal
4. Depression! A Rising Mental Health Issue
5. Robotic Knee Replacement Surgery In Mumbai
Author: Ishita Banerjee
6. Dentist In Cosgrove – Dental Treatments – Dental Precinct
Author: Vikram Vasisht
7. Get Your Smile Back With Dental Precinct’s Root Canal Therapy
Author: Vikram Vasisht
8. Emergency Dental Care Available Now! – Dental Precinct Townsville
Author: Vikram Vasisht
9. Meditation Class For Beginners In Usa: Top Facts That You Must Know
Author: Bayside Meditation
10. Stem Cell Therapy For Autism: A Promising New Treatment?
Author: Anan Mathur
11. Affordable And Effective Ivf Solutions: Choose Our Package For A Successful Pregnancy
Author: SCI IVF Hospital
12. Overcoming Billing Restrictions For Behavioral Health Providers
Author: Danny Johnsmith
13. Hight Calorie Foods For Weight Gain
Author: Simply put, a calorie is a unit of energy. It keep
14. Prp Injections In Phoenix: A Revolutionary Treatment For Chronic Pain
Author: Courtney Kelm
15. Best Oncologist In Pune | Medical Oncologist In Pune | Dr. Pratik Patil
Author: Dr Pratik Patil