ALL >> Health >> View Article
Home Remedies For Lumbago, Effective Natural Treatment
Pain or discomfort in a lower back area is known as lumbago. The pain can be mild to severe. Lumbago can affect anybody regardless of their age or gender. Lumbago can be caused due to heavy work, poor posture, bad diet and many more. Symptoms of lumbago may vary from one individual to another. It generally indicates lower back pain and can sometimes spread to nearby regions.
Lumbago Home Remedies
There are several home remedies for lumbago which are simple to follow and easy to use. Some of the popular home remedies for lumbago are:
1. One of the simplest home remedies for lumbago is to use infrared lamp or to apply hot water bag on the back. This helps in giving immediate relief from back pain or lumbago.
2. Another effective home remedy is to take 60 grams of wheat and soak it into water at night. Next morning add 30 grams of coriander and 30 grams of cuscus grass to this wheat. Mix them well to make a paste. Now boil this mixture in 250 grams of milk. Boil until only two third of its original content is left. This mixture is very helpful in improving the digestive system as well as giving relief ...
... from the lumbago.
3. Take some cabbage leaves and boil them in milk. Continue boiling this mixture until they together become a jelly like substance. Allow it to cool and then with the help of a cloth apply this jelly to the affected area of the back. Cover this jelly with something. Allow this jelly to stay on the affected area for whole night. This will allow the body to release toxins and the next day you will feel quite relaxed.
4. Take a cup each of turpentine and vinegar. Mix them together and shake well. Now add a whole egg and a dessertspoon of powdered camphor in this mixture. Mix them well. You can store this mixture in a refrigerator so that whenever needed, this mixture can be used as a back rub.
5. You can use garlic oil to treat lumbago. All you need to do is heat mustard oil (60 ml) and then add few garlic cloves in it. Fry these cloves and then allow this oil to cool down a little bit. You can apply this warm oil on the area affected with lumbago.
6. Vitamin C is also effective in treating lumbago. Try to add citrus fruits, strawberries and tomatoes in your daily diet, since they are rich in vitamin C.
7. Sleep in a firm mattress and try to sleep on your back position. Use a pillow to bring your head in alleviated position. This will result into a good blood circulation. This is one of the efficient home remedies for lumbago.
8. Try to avoid lifting heavy weights. If your work pattern allows you to lift heavy objects then bend your knees whenever you lift a weight. This will distribute the weight and will not put direct strain on your back.
9. Take several black radishes and grate them in order to obtain a paste. Now wrap them in a linen cloth and apply to the affected region of the back. Cover yourself with a blanket.
These were some of the effective home remedies for lumbago which are simple, cost-effective and easy to use.
Read more Home Remedies for Lumbago. Also know useful Home Remedies for Liver Cleansing. Read effective Home Remedies for Low Quantity of Breast Milk.
Health Articles1. Mindfulness
Author: Im Perfect by Urveez Kakalia
2. Can Business Coaching Help Your Allied Health Practice?
Author: Rita Holland
3. American Journal Of Cardiovascular And Thoracic Surgery
4. Your Weight And Your Brain
Author: Anton Bluman
5. Empowering Growth And Healing: The Power Of Therapy Counselling And Self-esteem Counselling At Talk With Me Counselling
Author: Steve Johnson
6. What To Know About Prostate Cancer?
Author: GHN Healthcare
7. How To Choose The Right Makeup Brushes For Your Needs
8. Find A Good Ophthalmologist In Delhi
Author: Suryakant Jha Eye Surgeon
9. Partial Dentures Vs. Dental Bridges - Pros & Cons
10. Laparoscopy: Enhancing Ivf Success Through Diagnosis And Treatment Of Underlying Conditions
Author: SCI IVF Hospital
11. Tips To Reduce Stress During Ivf | Dr. Shivani Sachdev Gour
Author: Dr Shivani Sachdev
12. What Is Careprost Eye Drop, Uses, Benefits, And Aftereffects
Author: Bruce Will
13. Revitalizing Health And Wellness: Top Integrative Medicine Doctors In Virginia Usa
Author: Virginia Integrative Practice
14. Enhance Your Wellbeing: Unveiling The Power Of Supplements In Hamilton
15. Nasha Mukti Kendra In Ludhiana