ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
12 Foods To Eat Organic
To be and stay healthy, you must eat healthy foods. An important part of a food being healthy is for the food to be certified organic. To be organic, foods must meet certain standards set by their accredited organic certification organization. Among the standards required for organic foods, is that the foods have to be grown or raised without use of toxic pesticides. The following is a list of some of the most important foods that should be organic if you are going to consume them. They are organized in no particular order.
Milk: Non-organically raised cows are stuffed with antibiotics and growth hormones. Make sure your milk and other dairy products are from organically-fed cows that haven't been pumped with extra antibiotics. If you are buying and drinking goat milk or goat products, know that scientists have now genetically mutated a goat to spin silk in her milk.
2. Rice: Domestic rice contains mega-doses of pesticides. Buy organic rice where you can find it and store it in an airtight container.
3. Potatoes: The non organic variety is laden with pesticides or has been genetically-modified. Genetically modified potatoes impair the immune system and can shrink the brain, liver and heart.
4. Baby Food: The younger a person, the most susceptible they are to pesticides. There are many organic baby food brands now.
5. Green Beans: At least 60 different pesticides are used on green beans. Even beans used in baby food have been found to be contaminated.
6. Strawberries: Eat organic ones while they are in season from local organic farms or buy frozen organic strawberries from your local whole foods market.
7. Green and Red Bell Peppers: These excellent sources of Vitamin C are contaminated with pesticides. Buy these organic. Or, you can buy organic seeds and grow your own.
8. Corn: Corn doesn't really have that many pesticide residues. But 75 to 90 percent of all domestic corn has been genetically-modified, and the average American eats 11 pounds of it. Also, most cooking oils include corn oil, and so many foods are sweetened with corn syrup. Eat local organic corn in season and freeze some for later.
9. Bananas: This tropical favorite isn't ripe for very long and has a very long distance to travel to market. These two factors combined, leads to a lot of heavy chemical dousing during the process.
10. Cherries: These rich pieces of fruit are heavily doused in poison. Make sure that the cherries you buy are organic and clean for the best and sweetest taste out there.
11. Cucumbers: By the time the cucumbers in your salad have traveled from the farm to the plate, they are intoxicated with pesticides. Buy organic cucumbers to avoid eating pesticide-filled cucumbers.
12. Celery: Very much laced with pesticides that have been sprayed onto them from their first conception, cucumbers are definitely one vegetable that you should buy organic.
All of these foods that have been discussed should be bought organic. Eating organic foods will ensure that your body will be the healthiest it can be.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. We Deliver Grocery, Alcohol, Food For Dishpal
2. Know-how Spices Form The Foundation For Indian Cuisine
Author: Bhupinder Mroke
3. How To Prepare Indonesian Grilled Sambal Chicken ?
Author: Daily brewed content
4. Pulse Ingredients Market: Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, And Challenges
Author: MarketsandMarkets™ INC.
5. Just How To Cut Your Wedding Celebration Catering Bill Price
Author: Alex Arnold
6. Chai Masala Drop - Spicy Masala Tea With Natural Extracts | Spice Liquid
Author: Spice Liquid
7. Highlights Of The Food Emulsifiers Market
Author: MarketsandMarkets™ INC.
8. How To Boost Your Immune System Through Diet And Healthy Lifestyle?
Author: Insta Diet
9. The Enduring Question - Where Can I Buy Merckens Chocolate?
Author: Ryan Stover
10. Best E-liquid Online Vendors That Ship Worldwide
11. Sumptuous Bakery Goods And Pastries In Dubai
12. A Few Ways To Spruce Up Your Kitchen
Author: Paul Moku
13. How To Make Home Made Pizza
14. How To Find A Good Restaurant In Castle Hill
Author: Hudson George
15. What Are Amazon Adaptogens?
Author: Dexter Brown