ALL >> Health >> View Article
Hurt Your Back Lifting At Work - Claim Today
Are you in agony with your back, have you injured it lifting products, metal whatever at work. If so you may be entitled to claim compensation against your employer.
Back injuries in the work environment are fairly common, and back injuries can be a tricky part of the body to get better due to fractures and sprains causing permanent weakness in the persons back.
All work environments may involve some lifting and if this is true then every employee should do some manual handling training.
This will involve being shown how to lift a variety of different objects from the floor, trolley and lifting from higher shelves. Any manual handling training should be recorded on your training record. If your employer doesn't give you the training necessary for the job you're doing and you do hurt yourself lifting an object off the ground, you may be able to claim compensation for the suffering you may have been caused, the medical costs and bills and also any loss of earnings.
Here are some tips to help you avoid back injuries whilst manual handling objects:
â€¢ Your employer should make sure you undertake manual handling training
â€¢ You should take care when you do lift something to stop yourself from hurting your back
â€¢ Before you lift any object consider
o The weight of the object
o Can you use a trolley or another item to help you without needing to manual handle the object
o Do you need help with moving the object, ask if you do
o Work as a team if you do need help, get someone to watch you lifting it also
o Do you need any protective clothing on for example, gloves which protect your hands, steel capped boots to protect your feet etc?
â€¢ When you do lift the object you should:
o Use the correct lifting technique for the size and location of the object
o Lift the object in stages, take it from the floor to your knees then lift into the carrying position
o Make sure the object is level with your waist when moving and hold it close to your body
o Don't have the object obstructing your view so you can't see where your going
o When you come to set the object down, lower the object to your knees and then place on the floor keeping your feet apart and your back straight
Never over reach or twist as this is a common cause of serious back injuries, if you follow the instructions above they will help you be able to manual handle objects without the need to cause yourself back injuries.
If unfortunately you've already injured your back at work lifting objects, a solicitor who specializes in personal injury and work accidents will be able to help you claim the compensation you deserve.
A No Win No Fee solicitor will take on the case if the accident was in the last three years and that they think you have a very good chance of claiming compensation from your employer. If you are successful in claiming compensation you will receive the full amount and your solicitor will gain their legal fees from the other party's insurance company. If you are unfortunate not to win they won't get paid a penny. So what you got to lose, claim Today!
Health Articles1. Rethinking Medtech In Covid Times Healthcare Whitepaper
2. Myotrac Infiniti U-control | Biofeedback Resources International
Author: Harry Campbell
3. Brucellosis Market Report And Market Assessment 2030
4. How To Choose The Best Office Space For Therapy On Rent In New York City
Author: Garcia Jones
5. How To Ensure Proper Med Waste In Times Of A Pandemic!
Author: Herb Scott
6. Few Things About Pharmaceutical Granulation
Author: Sahasra Yogam
7. How To Shortlist A Reliable Clinic That Offers Plastic Surgery?
8. Is Hair Weaving Good If You Are Suffering From Hair Loss?
9. How To Get Rid Of Caffeine And Stay Healthy?
Author: Steve Jones
10. Ways For Easier Recovery After Eyelid Surgery
Author: Wilson Bamford
11. 5 Things You Should Consider Before Outsourcing Your Medical Billing Services
12. Mitigating Risk On Outpatient Bundled Payment Contracts
13. Importance Of Credentialing In Medical Billing Process
14. How Has 24/7 Medical Billing Services Benefited Practices Based Out Of Ohio?
15. The Infinite Benefits Of A Natural Multivitamin