ALL >> Education >> View Article
Foreign Student Exchange And Student Visas
Are you a foreign student and planning on participating in a foreign student exchange program—a program that will bring you to the United States to study? Do you understand the document requirements for participating in a foreign student exchange, particularly the student visa requirement? Coming to the United States can be the academic, cultural and personal experience of a lifetime, but in order to visit the U.S. you must first secure a student visa. To help you meet this obligation, in this article we will provide some basic information about the student visa, including the requirements for qualifying, the application procedure and the required documentation you will need to secure this very important document.
Foreign Student Exchange: Qualifying for a Student Visa
1. Qualifying for a student visa, a document required for anyone participating in a foreign student exchange program, means you must first meet certain guidelines and requirements as laid out by the Immigration and National Act. These include:
• You must have a verifiable ...
... residence in your country, with no immediate intentions for abandoning this residence.
• You must indicate that you plan to return to your country, or at the very least that you intend to depart the United States, once your program of study has concluded.
• You must have sufficient funds to pursue the propose course of study, including living expenses.
Foreign Student Exchange: Applying for a Student Visa
While the application process for a student visa can be quite arduous, it is nevertheless required if you wish to participate in a foreign student exchange program. The first step to this process, required for students of all ages, is an interview at the embassy consular section. Getting an appointment for this interview, especially at certain times of the year, could take some time. For this reason, students are encouraged to apply for their student visa as early as possible.
Every foreign student exchange student applying for a student visa must undergo a digital fingerprint scan as part of the application process. This is a very quick process and can usually be scheduled on the day of your interview.
As with any government submission the application process for the student visa requires that all foreign exchange students submit certain documents. These documents include:
• Form I-20A-B, Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status-For Academic and Language Students or Form 1-20M-N, Certificate of Eligibility for Non-Immigrant Student Status for Vocational Students. The reason that academic and language students will complete a different eligibility form than vocational students is that the two students fall under different student visa categories, F-1 student status for the former and M-1 student status for the latter.
• Online Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application, Form Ds-160.
• Passport. Foreign student exchange participants must possess a passport that will remain valid until at least six months after the conclusion of the course of study.
• Photograph. A photograph, approximately 2 inches by 2 inches, is required for all participants of a foreign student exchange.
• Receipt. This is a specific receipt that proves you paid the student visa application fee.
• The SEVIS I-901 fee receipt.
While the above documents are always required, participants of a foreign student exchange should additionally be prepared to show other documents as well, including transcripts, standardized test scores (TOEFL, SAT, etc), and financial proof that they or their parents have sufficient funds to sponsor the foreign student exchange participant in his/her course of study.
About The Author :
This article is written by Daren Kyle, A staff of spainexchange.com where you can find summer student exchange, foreign student exchange, international schools, and many more For details, visit http://spainexchange.com/
Education Articles1. Want To Make A Career In Animation? Here Are Some Top Job Roles
Author: MAAC India
2. Should You Opt For Engineering Degree Or Diploma?
3. What Is An Ethical Hacking ? How To Become An Ethical Hacker
Author: Prasanjit Roy
4. Why Self-grooming Is Important In The Aviation Industry
Author: Aptech Gariahat
5. 7 Things To Know Before Choosing The Best Fashion Design College
6. Develop Your Creative Thinking And Innovation Skills For The Betterment Of An Organisation
Author: Pankaj Deshpande
7. Top 5 Management Institutes In Germany
Author: Storm Overseas
8. Advance & Vision Driving Schools Waterloo, New South Wales
9. Why Does Mathematics Have Unpleasant Memories For Many Adults?
Author: Satjit kumar
10. Reasons To Study Mbbs In Kazakhstan For Indian Students
Author: Twinkle InstituteAB
11. Vidya Chetana - An Ngo Working For Education Of The Underprivileged
Author: vidya chetana
12. 5 Benefits Of Hiring A Professional Cdr Australia Writer
Author: 5 Benefits of Hiring a Professional CDR Australia
13. National Institute Of Technology, Surathkal | Nit Surathkal Courses
14. Oracle Fusion Technical Online Training | Oracle Fusion Technical Course | Hyderabad
Author: Rainbow Training Institute
15. Interesting Food Facts That Every Hotel Management Trainee Must Know
Author: Rohit Dubey