ALL >> Health >> View Article
Head/brain Injuries - Claiming Compensation
If you or members of your family have been injured in an accident that wasn't your fault and you've suffered brain injuries from this accident, you have a legal and civil right to claim compensation. Brain injuries are very serious whatever type, not only may it change the person's life forever but it also affects everyone around the injured person.
In the UK over a million people attend accident and emergency every year with head injuries from a trauma to the head. Due to this, thousands of brain injury accident claims are pursed every year.
There are different types of head injuries these include:
â€¢ Closed Injury - this is when the trauma to the head is without any penetration to the brain which means the brain has had no twisting or turning on its axis.
Banging of the head and skull can cause widespread or localized damage to the brain but this isn't a closed injury.
â€¢ Open Injury - an open injury is when there is penetration to the skull by an object impacting the skull. The initial impact of the object can be severe but usually patients make a virtually full recovery.
Permanent damage from a head injury varies from person to person but it's not just the things we hear from the news or in the papers, there's a lot more that no-one knows about. If the following 4 points are present as a result of the accident there is likely to be permanent damage:
1. Loss of Consciousness
2. Loss of Memory for the events running up to the accident and immediately after the accident
3. Focal Neurological Deficit
4. Alteration in Mental State at the time of the accident - the patient feeling confused, dazed or disoriented
Some brain and head injuries are not obvious at the time of the accident and a while after, some injuries only show once time progresses. The following are the side effects which can arise from a head and brain injury:
â€¢ Cognitive Changes
â€¢ Lack of Insight
â€¢ Memory Problems
â€¢ Poor Concentration
â€¢ Slowed Responses
â€¢ Poor Planning and Problem-Solving
â€¢ Lack of Initiative
â€¢ Socially Inappropriate Behavior
â€¢ Emotional Control
â€¢ Loss of Taste and Smell
â€¢ Dizziness and Balance
â€¢ Epilepsy and Seizures
â€¢ Visual Problems
â€¢ Chronic Pain
â€¢ Hearing Problems
Some of these problems are well-known but there's also a lot that aren't and there are also other problems some people have reported which are being looked into. Many people think that a brain injury will cause problems such as intellectual abilities but it's not only that it's movement, communicating, controlling and coordinating their thoughts and actions.
If you've been in an accident or have had trauma to the skull and it wasn't your fault you have the right to claim compensation which you deserve to help make your life easier. If you've had to pay medical bills and medicine costs these can be noted, any loss of earnings as well as the suffering you may have gone through or are going through now and for the rest of your life. Your compensation claim will cover all these points and make sure you don't have to pay for everything yourself; it's not fair especially if someone did this to you. Don't wait; make a compensation claim today by contacting a solicitor who specializes in head and brain injury cases.
Health Articles1. Rethinking Medtech In Covid Times Healthcare Whitepaper
2. Myotrac Infiniti U-control | Biofeedback Resources International
Author: Harry Campbell
3. Brucellosis Market Report And Market Assessment 2030
4. How To Choose The Best Office Space For Therapy On Rent In New York City
Author: Garcia Jones
5. How To Ensure Proper Med Waste In Times Of A Pandemic!
Author: Herb Scott
6. Few Things About Pharmaceutical Granulation
Author: Sahasra Yogam
7. How To Shortlist A Reliable Clinic That Offers Plastic Surgery?
8. Is Hair Weaving Good If You Are Suffering From Hair Loss?
9. How To Get Rid Of Caffeine And Stay Healthy?
Author: Steve Jones
10. Ways For Easier Recovery After Eyelid Surgery
Author: Wilson Bamford
11. 5 Things You Should Consider Before Outsourcing Your Medical Billing Services
12. Mitigating Risk On Outpatient Bundled Payment Contracts
13. Importance Of Credentialing In Medical Billing Process
14. How Has 24/7 Medical Billing Services Benefited Practices Based Out Of Ohio?
15. The Infinite Benefits Of A Natural Multivitamin