ALL >> Health >> View Article
It is believed that wheelchairs have been in existence in Greece since 4000 B.C. The first actual picture of a wheelchair is more recent – 500 A.D decorating the sarcophagus of a wealthy Chinese trader. Whether your immobility is due to permanent paralysis or a temporary inconvenience, a wheelchair allows you a measure of freedom.
Paralysis is a condition where your muscles lose their normal functions.
• Can be permanent or temporary
• It can be mild or severe.
• It can afflict just one side of the body or both sides.
It all depends on the nature of injury or ailment.
Injuries to the spinal cord due to accidents and sports are mostly temporary. If you work diligently with your physiotherapist, you can get rid of your wheelchair before long. If the paralysis is due to a tumor, it ceases being a problem once the tumor is removed. Paralysis that affects one side of the body is generally due to stroke. A paralytic could either be a paraplegic or quadriplegic.
There is no muscle control below the waist. Most common causes are boating accidents and traffic accidents. Immobility is extremely frustrating at the best of times. For someone used to constant action, this can be shattering. Wheelchair Toronto has a range of products to help you regain a semblance of normalcy. Bariatric wheelchairs are especially designed for heavily built people. The standard wheelchair Canada is sturdier and less expensive. They can be operated both by the user or pushed by a friend making it more convenient for use in all situations.
There is neither sensation nor muscle control in arms, legs and the torso. Some are born this way. To them using a wheelchair is the only way they know how to get around. Soon both the quadriplegic and the family adjust to the reality of the situation. These are the ones who beat the odds. They know no other way. Though it is heart-wrenching to watch them they don’t indulge in self-pity. They are usually a joy to be around. Normal people especially sports persons who become quadriplegic find it very difficult to adapt to life in a wheelchair. Spinal injuries are life-altering. In the blink of an eye everything changes. When the change is irrevocable, depression, anger and frustration set in. Counselling and a lot of love and support from family will make a difference
Find more information on Wheelchair Toronto, wheelchair Canada, wheelchair and Wheelchairs at our website. Please visit here factorydirectmedical.com
Health Articles1. Why Choose Chiropractic For Chronic Headaches Treatment?
Author: Robert Augustine
2. Do You Really Think That You Need Liposuction?
3. Fat Loss And Its Various Suction Techniques
4. All Cancers Are Not The Same!
5. What Is The Cure For Plantar Fasciitis?
Author: Dave Woods
6. When To Visit A Doctor For Plantar Fasciitis Treatment?
Author: Dave Woods
7. Major Non-invasive Pain Relief Techniques Recommended For Joint Pain Treatment
Author: Dr Gaurav sharma
8. The Deflame Diet For Immune Health | Anti Inflammatory Diet Books
Author: David Seaman
9. How The Best Shampoo For Hair Growth And Thickening Works?
Author: Rupal Jain
10. Pen Needles Market - Comprehensive Research Including Top Key Players And Forecast Report
Author: robert henric
11. What Is Schistosomiasis
12. Top Natural Nootropics To Focus On Your Work
Author: Steven James
13. 5 Best Lower Back Pain Treatments
Author: MY Dr
14. What Is Retinal Vein Occlusion
15. The Relevance Of Children’s Doctor In Brisbane
Author: Alester Jones