ALL >> Wedding >> View Article
A Closer Look At The Wedding In Brahmin Matrimonial
India is the only country that is an amalgamation of so many cultures, and rituals, customs and traditions associated with them. Starting from the Kashmir, moving up to Kanyakumari, you will find dramatic variation in the living style of the people in India. Wedding in India is also a lavish affair, which varies according to the community and region of the people. You will find varying colours and flavours of the culture, with each step. Indians are popular for across the world due to their religious and cultural beliefs, and the traditional practices that they perform to keep their family legacy alive.
Brahmins are one community in India who are very peculiar about their traditional norms and always keep a close eye on each ritual to be practiced properly. Brahmin Matrimonial, like other Hindu communities, performs the wedding rituals with proper respect and maintains their integrity towards their religion. Brahmins are the considered as the priestly family in the Indian subcontinent. Since Brahmin community performs all the religious practices ...
... in India, they enjoy a very high status in the society.
The ceremonial celebrations in the Brahmin matrimonial are similar to those followed in other Hindu communities. The customs performed in the wedding are also bound to remain same, however, changes may be observed with change in the regions. The wedding customs may be a bit different from the customs followed in Southern India. Still the customs followed in the Brahmin community are considered to be in their purest form as the Brahmins are very considerate about every religious step performed in the wedding. The marriage practices are performed with full devotion in Brahmin matrimonial. Brahmins believe a lot in matching horoscopes of the bride and groom, and do not compromise with this custom.
The wedding ceremonies in Brahmin matrimonial are divided into three parts: pre-wedding, wedding and post-wedding. Each function during the wedding is considered to be very important, and require pre-planning and preparations. A brief of the pre-wedding, wedding and post-wedding in Brahmin matrimonial is listed here:
• Tying thread around the shoulder and waist of the groom, marking his manhood
• Engagement ceremony or roka, including exchange of rings between the prospective bride and groom.
• Tilak of the groom by the bride’s brother
• Sangeet by the women from both bride and groom’s side.
• Mehendi at bride’s home.
• Welcoming of the groom and the wedding procession by bride’s family.
• Jaymala –Involves the exchange of garlands between the bride and groom.
• Sindoor daan - Groom puts vermillion into bride’s hair partition.
• Mangal phere – Bride and groom take auspicious circles or marriage around the sacred fire for seven times.
• Kanya daan - Bride’s father give away their daughter to groom’s family.
• Vidaai - Departure of bride from her paternal home to her new home.
• Welcoming of the new bride to her new home with reception.
Specific wedding rituals are also performed at the bride and groom’s houses. The rituals in Brahmin matrimonial demand involvement of the entire family and friends, making the moments immemorial. The presence of elders is very important in the Indian context, as the newlywed couple need their blessings.
The most sacred element in a wedding is fire. The presence of fire is considered very auspicious, and every wedding custom is performed in front of the fire. The bride and groom in the Brahmin matrimonial start their new life amongst the blessings of their elders and love of their family and friends.
Rashmi writes on behalf of Jeevansathi.com, which is India’s fastest growing Matrimonial website. Jeevansathi.com helps the users to search corresponding matches from their respective community like Daivadnya Brahmin Matrimony, Telugu Brahmin Matrimony wherein users can avail free registration and start initial contact with each other.
Wedding Articles1. The History And Symbolism Behind Engagement Rings
Author: Gary Hanif
2. Destination Wedding Checklist
3. Best Photographers In India
4. Find Your Perfect Event Partner In Gurgaon With Launchdome
5. Faqs For Wedding Management
Author: wedcell Institute
6. How Can You Best Cope With An Especially Hot Wedding In Gibraltar?
Author: Sweet Gibraltar Weddings
7. The Art Of Professional Dance At Wedding Receptions: A Dorian Deaver Perspective
Author: Dorian Deaver LLC
8. Unexpected Places You Need Flowers At Your Wedding
Author: Edmund Brunetti
9. Photographer Career In Event Management
Author: wedcell Institute
10. Invitemart:- Marriage Invitation Card
11. Best Wedding Photographers In Gurgaon
12. Amazing Tips For Wedding Decoration
Author: Syed Atif
13. Why Are Flower Decorations So Important?
Author: Syed Atif
14. *entrance Exams For Event Management*
15. What Is Candid Wedding Photography?
Author: tarun jayant