ALL >> Environment >> View Article
New Srisoonthorn Bridge Finally Opens In Phuket, Thailand
Phuket, Thailand: The new Srisoonthorn Bridge which links Phuket Island to Phang Nga Province and mainland Thailand has finally opened to traffic.
The bridge was scheduled to open at the beginning of June this year but was delayed due to “last-minute changes in the work plan."
To mark the opening Phuket Provincial Highways Office Chief, Arun Sanae, made the first trip across the 300 million (US$10 million) Baht structure.
But, although the bridge is now open, fifty per cent of the left hand lane will remain closed until renovations on the existing Sarasin Bridge have been completed. The old Sarasin Bridge is being converted into a tourist attraction.
The constructor, Italian-Thai Development PCL., is expected to hand the project over to the Phuket Provincial Highways Office by the end of August 2011.
However, the road connecting the southbound carriageway to Phuket Island has yet to be completed because one elderly couple are refusing to vacate their rented house and land. The house needs to be demolished so that the connecting road can be built.
“We will ask the landowner to ask ...
... the couple to move out of the house and we will complete the road,” commented Arun Sanae.
Pending a resolution, a temporary road has been proposed which will bypass the couple’s home.
Approved on October 28th 2009 with a budget of 378 million baht (US$12.5 million), the 655 metre Srisoonthorn Bridge was dubbed ‘Sarasin Bridge 2’ during its construction phase.
The forty one year old Sarasin Bridge is well known in Phuket and throughout Thailand as a ‘lovers leap’. In 1987 a Thai feature film was made based on the story of the first two lovers to make the tragic leap from the structure. The title translates as simply; ‘Sarasin, the Bridge of Love’.
Article source - http://blog.phuketoceanvillas.com/new-srisoonthorn-bridge-finally-opens-in-phuket-thailand/
Rebecca Smith is a real estate journalist and author with over 15 years’ experience. She has published 3 books to date:
'The Definitive Guide to buying property in Thailand'
'10 simple ways to slash your marketing costs and sell more property'
'The Definitive Guide to buying property in Phuket'
Rebecca is currently the sales director for Ocean Villas Group and Phuket Ocean Villas.
Environment Articles1. Tree Surgeons In Aberdeen Can Help You Keep Landscaping Safe And Beautiful
Author: SG Tree Services
2. How To Maintain Solar Panels In Tasmania
Author: Edmund Brunetti
3. What Is Phase 1 Contamination Report Sydney?
Author: Sydney Environment
4. Smart Ways To Be Sustainable Everyday..
Author: Bottle & Co.
5. Top 5 Reasons Why You Need Power Washing Services!
Author: Victor Ramos
6. Contamination Assessment Sydney – Contaminated Land Tested
Author: Sydney Environmental
7. Whose Stock Is On The Rise?
8. 8 Best Scanner Apps For Iphone And Ipad In 2022
Author: Sataware Technologies
9. Impact Of Solar On Australia’s National Electricity Market
Author: Marisn Mackle
10. Prepare Solar System For Winter Weather From Sunpower Authorized Dealer
Author: SUDARSHAN DAMANI
11. Bringing Forth Several Assessment Reports Through Climate Change Education
Author: Carson Brown
12. The Climate Thought: Achieving Climate Optimism Through Climate Change Education
Author: Carson Brown
13. How To Find The Best 3 Bhk Apartments In Jigani?
Author: Profound Developers
14. How To Workout How Many Solar Panels Do You Require?
Author: Maria Brooks
15. High Cliff Bangalore Review - Worthable Residential Project