ALL >> Education >> View Article
Asian University Rankings 2011 By Times
In the latest "Asian University Rankings 2011" released in June 2011, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology reaches the peak and becomes "Asia's Number One"; Peking University and Tsinghua University only ranked 13th and 16th; Taiwan University ranked No. 21. It shows that higher education level in the Mainland, Taiwan and Hong Kong has gradually been accepted worldwide. It is the third consecutive annual rankings of Asian universities by the Times.
Top 20 Asian universities of 200 in the list
1. Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) (Hong Kong, China)
2. University of Hong Kong (HKU) (Hong Kong, China)
3. National University of Singapore (NUS) (Singapore)
4. University of Tokyo (Japan)
5. The Chinese University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong, China)
6. Seoul National University (South Korea)
7. Kyoto University (Japan)
8. Osaka University (Japan)
9. Tohoku University (Japan)
10. Tokyo Institute of Technology (Japan)
11. Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (South Korea)
12. Pohang University of Science and Technology ...
... (South Korea)
13. Peking University (China)
14. Nagoya University (Japan)
15. City University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong, China)
16. Tsinghua University (China)
17. Nanyang Technological University (NTU) (Singapore)
18. Yonsei University (South Korea)
19. Kyushu University (Japan)
20. Hokkaido University (Japan)
In the list, Hong Kong Universities generally rank well as seven reach the top 200 universities, three of which reach in the top five, performing better than Japan, Korea, Singapore and other Asian countries. With a 20 years only founding history, the Hong Kong UST pulls down the centennial HKU and thrones for the first time, as a result of a considerable number of papers published by its professors and exchange students.
A total of 40 universities in mainland China are ranked, seven of which are included in the top 50. Peking University ranked 13th, which is the highest in the seven, and a place declines than the previous year. The 16th Tsinghua University stays at its place for two consecutive years. And the Shanghai Fudan University reaches a three places increase than last year and ranks 21st, abreast with National Taipei University (NTPU).
The ranking is on basis of 9 indicators, in which academic accreditation counts for 30%, and student to faculty counts for 20%. The remaining indicators are recruitment agency review, the number of published papers per professor, and frequency of each paper was cited, etc. All along, with a distinctive feature in the list, evaluation of a same university from academia and public often differs. Only National University of Singapore, Tokyo and Peking University get high scores from both sides. And University of Hong Kong, Seoul National University, Kyoto University and Tsinghua University are evaluated higher from the academia.
According to analysis, 20 percent of the top 50 universities have a school-age less than 50 years, which verifies changes on regional economic strength influence higher education development.
It must be the most beautiful formal gowns dresses I've ever seen!
Education Articles1. Scope And Career Opportunities After Bba Course
2. How To Find The Best Online Class Taker To Earn An A
3. Fostering Cultural Understanding And Social Responsibility
Author: Bhawna Kori
4. How To Become A Data Scientist
5. Top 5 Govt Job In India
Author: Gaurav Singh Tanwar
6. Why Pursuing A Master's In Geoinformatics In India Is A Smart Choice?
Author: SIG Pune
7. Leading Singapore-based International School Chain, One World International School (owis) Enters India
Author: Madhulina Das
8. Extracurricular Activities In Dubai American Schools
Author: Bhavya Jain
9. How To Build A Career In React: A Beginner’s Guide
10. What Makes This Perfect Nurse Aide Training In Philadelphia
Author: PANAT Inc.
11. Unlocking The Potential: The Benefits Of Pursuing A Bba Degree After 12th Grade
12. Snowflake Vs Databricks | Comparison Between Snowflake And Databricks
13. B Tech Credit Transfer : What Is It ?
Author: iehrd Council
14. Factors To Consider Best School In Bangalore
Author: Reshma K
15. Who Can Use The Apegs Cba System?
Author: apegs, apegs work experience reporting