ALL >> Health >> View Article
Using Probiotics For Treating Fibromyalgia Pain And Symptoms
Today there are approximately 2% of Americans who have fibromyalgia. Most of those who are afflicted are women who have undergone either a physical or an emotional trauma. However, there is usually not any event that has actually triggered it. Recent studies are actually focusing on the idea of the nervous system becoming centrally sensitized.
Fibromyalgia has no known cause and no known cure. According to the Mayo Clinic, fibromyalgia is "a chronic condition characterized by widespread pain in your muscles, ligaments and tendons, as well as fatigue and multiple tender points--places on your body where slight pressure causes pain."
Most people who have fibromyalgia also have Intestinal Bowel Syndrome, which is a chronic, long-term disorder of your gastrointestinal system.
This is another condition with no known cause and no known cure but researchers theorize that it is caused by having too much "bad" bacteria in your small intestines due to the malabsorption of food. Probiotics have been shown to help relieve its symptoms, which include:
* Stomach pain
There are a lot of different types of treatments used for fibromyalgia including:
* Medication for pain and depression
* Epilepsy medications
* Physical therapy
* IV vitamins and minerals
The National Fibromyalgia Association also recommends eliminating sugar, caffeine, alcohol, fried foods, red meat and processed foods.
The Mayo Clinic also believes that probiotics will help fibromyalgia patients. This is because they are the "good" bacteria that can be found in your stomach. They help with digestion and protect you from "bad" bacteria's destructive properties. These can be taken as a supplement and are also found in yogurt, miso, some juices and soy drinks. You will know that they are there because the label will read "live and active cultures."
Some of the conditions that probiotics are known to treat include:
* Intestinal problems
* Lessen the severity of colds and flu
Probiotics and Fibromyalgia
Probiotics are useful in relieving IBS symptoms, which are something that a lot of fibromyalgia patients are also afflicted with. The National Fibromyalgia Association states that Glutamine plus probiotics are also among the supplements often used for fibromyalgia. These are intended to promote an optimal environment for absorption of nutrients and are based on the theory that fibromyalgia symptoms may be caused by gut malabsorption of nutrients.
Fibromyalgia symptoms can be treated with the use of probiotics. It does not mean every person will experience success, but it is a treatment option.
Fibromyalgia Diet and Treatment provides great resources to all patients who are suffering from this disease. You can find out more great information about Fibromyalgia Diagnosis and Fibromyalgia Symptoms In Women!
Health Articles1. Fractional C02 / Skin Resurfacing
Author: Skin Secrets
2. Memilih Gorden Rumah Sakit 2021?
Author: Gorden rumah sakit Termurah
3. All You Need To Know Before Taking Part In The Surrogacy Process
Author: Dr. Shivani Sachdev Gour
4. How To Choose The Best Omega 3 Algae Oil Supplements
Author: Daniel Devid
5. Tips For Overcoming Dental Fear
6. The Dental Implants Cost In Australia; The Latest Update 2021
Author: Charlie Wellish
7. 7 Therapies You Can Expect From A Naturopath Melbourne
Author: myvitalhealth solutions
8. Is Pcos Related To Mental Health?
Author: Rakshita Agrawal
9. How Technology Can Improve Hospital Workflow
10. 8 Excellent Tips On How To Lose Unwanted Kilos The Healthy Way:
Author: Irabor Mark
11. Benefits Of Hiring A Caregiver For Seniors
12. 7 Chronic Fatigue Symptoms That You Need To Pay Attention To
Author: myvitalhealth solutions
13. Essential Vitamins For Healthy And Strong Hair Growth - Tips To Follow
14. Dental Treatment In Navi Mumbai
Author: Sabka Dentist
15. The Substantial Liquid Contract And Immune System Supplement Manufacturer In New York
Author: Cavendish Nutrition