ALL >> Business >> View Article
The Difference Between Mace And Pepper Spray
When looking to purchase any type of self-defense products, it is very important to educate yourself on each and every product out there. With so many choices of personal safety devices such as stun guns, personal alarms, mace spray and pepper spray, the choosing process can be a tad overwhelming for the average consumer.
Mace spray and pepper spray are two of the best selling personal security products in the nation. Before you begin your search on the best pepper spray or mace, it is important that you are aware of the difference between mace and pepper spray.
While both of these products are used in warfare, police activities, and individual self defense strategies, the differences between mace and pepper spray are significant.
What is also very important to note is that mace and pepper spray are restricted substances - meaning they are not legal in every state. Depending on where you live, you may be restricted from purchasing either substance.
So What's the Difference, You Ask?
The first difference between mace and pepper spray is how the two products are classified. Mace is classified as an irritant that is similar to tear gas, while pepper spray is classified as an inflammatory agent, which can immediately incapacitate an assailant. Mace has no affect on those who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol, while pepper spray has the ability to take down and cause temporary pain to those under the influence.
While the effects of tear gas (mace) are immediate and painful, mace will not cause inflammation of the capillaries of the eyes and skin, while pepper spray will. The best pepper spray can cause temporary blindness, nausea, breathing difficulties, and an intense, unpleasant burning sensation. Tear gas causes one's eyes to shut, water, and burn, and will make the nose and mouth feel like they are on fire. Since tear gas was introduced in 1962, it is a widely regulated substance around the world. Some countries will not allow anyone to have possession of mace spray at all, while others will allow just police and military personnel to carry it.
What may confuse some is the fact that Mace is also now a brand name that is associated with pepper spray products.
Always Practice Caution
If personal use of mace spray or pepper spray is allowed in your town, county, and/or state, it is crucial to learn the proper way to use these personal security products. Even the most effective self defense spray will not do you any good if you do not have it when you need it, fail to aim it properly, or use it incorrectly. Also, by obeying the laws of your town, county, and/or state, you cannot be sued if you use your mace spray or pepper spray for self defense reasons.
Be responsible, and get the training and education you need to make your personal security devices work best for you!
Business Articles1. What Are 6 Reasons To Hire Web Developers For Your Ecommerce Website?
2. These Are The Ten Things That Stain Your Teeth The Most
Author: Charlie Wellish
3. Complete Information About Commercial Security Systems
Author: dev patel
4. Hire Best Packers And Movers In India
5. Things To Remember Before You Do A Home Up Gradation
6. How To Keep The Old Charm With The New In Kitchen Remodeling?
7. Global Food Grade Gases Market
8. Global Third-party Logistics Market – Industry Analysis And Forecast
9. Software-as-a-service (saas) Market
10. The Ultimate Guide To Home Alarm System Installation In Uk
Author: dev patel
11. Global Automotive Wiring Harness Market
12. Global Nanophotonic Market – Industry Analysis And Forecast
13. Global Chewing Gum Market: Industry Analysis And Forecast
14. Fintech Blockchain Market – Global Industry Analysis And Forecast
15. Global High Temperature Insulation Materials Market